Congratulations on 17k Rosie Perera

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 34 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 225
Alex Bui | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 28 2015 8:20 AM

Kelvin Niblett:

Congratulations on 17,000 posts Rosie Perera. I love your insightful comments and tips, keep it up.

Thanks Rosie and amen to what Kelvin said.  Smile

Posts 10760
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 28 2015 12:23 PM

Kelvin Niblett:

Congratulations on 17,000 posts Rosie Perera. I love your insightful comments and tips, keep it up.

Yes Yes

Thanks a lot!

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2687
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 28 2015 1:23 PM

Congratulations on your milestone! Your posts can be counted on for their thoughtfulness as well as a keen sense of humor, thanks Rosie.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 2458
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 28 2015 2:40 PM

Blessings and best wishes for your next 17K! Geeked

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 1706
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 28 2015 2:58 PM

Thanks, Rosie!

Posts 570
HansK | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 28 2015 3:07 PM

Yes

MacOS Sierra / Logos 7 Collector's Edition & All Base Packages / Logos Now

Posts 179
Matthew Langlois | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 28 2015 3:26 PM

Wow, gratz Rosie!

Posts 587
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 28 2015 3:28 PM

Rosie is one of the few people I look for in these forums to see what she has to say.

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 1357
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 28 2015 5:04 PM

Thanks for all the helpful posts.

Posts 18886
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 28 2015 5:41 PM

Bob Pritchett:

Thanks, Rosie!

Wow, a thanks from the head honcho! I'm honored.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 28 2015 8:16 PM

Rosie Perera:

... 17 is my favorite number. So I'm pleased I made it this far. Smile

+1 Yes Woot.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3037
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 28 2015 8:37 PM

Rosie Perera:

Bob Pritchett:

Thanks, Rosie!

Wow, a thanks from the head honcho! I'm honored.

Hi Rosie, it is not to much for you. You deserve it.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 18886
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 28 2015 9:04 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Rosie Perera:

... 17 is my favorite number. So I'm pleased I made it this far. Smile

+1 Yes Woot.

KS4J, now that would have been just perfect if you'd managed to make it work out to exactly 17 search hits. Smile

You know, the reason 17 is my favorite number is I went to a summer camp for math geeks when I was in high school, and 17 was the favorite number of the director of this program, and he got us all interested in the fascinating mathematical qualities of the number 17. He also collected all kinds of references the the number 17 in newspaper clippings, popular culture, etc. So of course when we all went off into our future lives (many of which involved majoring in math and even teaching it at the university level) we all became a source for more interesting 17 factoids for his collection.

One that he told us about that I've never forgotten was that the number of fish that Jesus' disciples caught in John 21:11 (153) is a pretty interesting number in its own right. It is a triangular number, the sum of all the integers from 1 to 17. And it is the limit of the following algorithm:

Take a random positive integer, divisible by three.
Split that number into its base 10 digits.
Take the sum of their cubes.
Go back to the second step.
An example, starting with the number 84:

Anyway, theologians have theologized and philosophers have philosophized and mathematicians have mathematized about the meaning of that number 153 in John 21. Here are some interesting ideas from several Church Fathers:

http://newtheologicalmovement.blogspot.ca/2010/04/disciples-caught-153-fish.html

Those are all interesting explanations for the number, but here someone provides the definitive explanation:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/exploringourmatrix/2013/04/153-fish-the-definitive-explanation.html 

Smile

Posts 325
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 28 2015 11:36 PM

Kelvin Niblett:

YesYes

Thank you for Rosie for your considerable contribution to the forums. Your friendly presence, valuable resource suggestions, interesting conversations and helpful posts are all greatly appreciated. SmileComputerStar

Posts 1518
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 29 2015 12:46 AM

Congrats Rosie! And...

Rosie Perera:

Those are all interesting explanations for the number, but here someone provides the definitive explanation:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/exploringourmatrix/2013/04/153-fish-the-definitive-explanation.html 

Smile

YesWink

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS