BDAG/HALOT Visual Filter Lookup

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 97
Christopher Powell | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 19 2010 12:04 AM

Hi,

I finally took the plunge due to the fear marketing (and my gracious wife's Christmas gift) and upgraded to Logos 4.  For the most part I'm happy but please please do put in the SmartTags!  I run Logos 3 basically for these and it eats up tons of memory.  Question for those fellow HALOTS and BDAGGERS out there:

I used to run a visual filter so that when I did a keylink lookup (which I understand is no longer available) I had a visual filter on that would highlight the verse reference in BDAG or HALOT that I was looking up so that I didn't have to read pages of definitions that weren't necessarily relevant.   Is this kind of highlighting possible in v.4?

Thanks,

Chris.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 4:18 AM

Restrict a basic search to BDAG or HALOT and search for the bible reference that you want. It will highlight that reference for you.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 5:01 AM

i think this is what you are looking for.

Posts 24
David Lemmons | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 5:04 AM

I am in agreement regarding the Smart Tags.  The ONLY reason I am keeping L3 is the wonderful way it works together with Word 2007 with the Smart Tags.  I would like to be done with L3 completely.  L4 is AWESOME!

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 5:09 AM

Philip Spitzer:
i think this is what you are looking for.

So that's what that does! Cool, learn something every day Smile.

Posts 97
Christopher Powell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 8:36 PM

Wow!  Thanks, that's EXACTLY what I wanted and it's better than expected.  It will be easy to implement on many resources not just these two. 

Posts 319
Michael Hite | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 2:03 PM

ChristopherPowell:

Wow!  Thanks, that's EXACTLY what I wanted and it's better than expected.  It will be easy to implement on many resources not just these two. 

I love this response! Logos you should put this on the wall of your offices! 

2015 13" MacBook Pro - 2 Ghz Intel i7 - 16 GB RAM - 500GB SSD - 2018 iMac Pro - 3.2GHz 8-core Xeon - both systems running OS 10.14.3 (Mojave)

Posts 179
Clifford B. Kvidahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 2:16 PM

What exactly is a "Smart Tag" and how does one use it?  Thanks.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 3:30 PM

Clifford B. Kvidahl:

What exactly is a "Smart Tag" and how does one use it?  Thanks.

A "Smart Tag" is a feature of MS Word that allows that program to recognize bits of information within the document they are using. A while back Logos designed an extension to smart tags that would recognized when you typed a Bible reference into a document. Then you could use the smart tag to do a number of things, including copying that verse into Word or linking to Libronix (version 3) [I think I'm getting this right, it's been a while since I've used them]. Logos 4 does not support these smart tags and Logos wasn't planning on reintroducing them. However there has been a groundswell of people asking for them so they just might reintroduce thiem

Posts 30930
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 4:25 PM

Kevin Becker:
Logos 4 does not support these smart tags and Logos wasn't planning on reintroducing them. However there has been a groundswell of people asking for them so they just might reintroduce thiem

If I recall Microsoft is abandoning the smart tags approach and encouraging vendors of products to discontinue their use

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1537
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 4:32 PM

ChristopherPowell:

Hi,

I finally took the plunge due to the fear marketing (and my gracious wife's Christmas gift) and upgraded to Logos 4.  For the most part I'm happy but please please do put in the SmartTags!  I run Logos 3 basically for these and it eats up tons of memory.  Question for those fellow HALOTS and BDAGGERS out there:

I used to run a visual filter so that when I did a keylink lookup (which I understand is no longer available) I had a visual filter on that would highlight the verse reference in BDAG or HALOT that I was looking up so that I didn't have to read pages of definitions that weren't necessarily relevant.   Is this kind of highlighting possible in v.4?

Thanks,

Chris.

The (ctrl f) feature may also be helpful to you in your studies. I use it a lot to find what I am looking for in a book

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS