Logos 6 CRASH

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 1
David James Adams | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 4 2015 5:37 PM

I have for the last few days been receiving the message to update. I did and receive the error message "Update Error!  An error occurred while installing the update. Please try again later." I have tried a number of times with the same error.

Hence I reported the message via the Logos Reporting Utility. Instead twice the program begins to load then crashes - no choice to update. Weird.

Posts 5570
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 4 2015 5:56 PM

David James Adams:

I have for the last few days been receiving the message to update. I did and receive the error message "Update Error!  An error occurred while installing the update. Please try again later." I have tried a number of times with the same error.

Hence I reported the message via the Logos Reporting Utility. Instead twice the program begins to load then crashes - no choice to update. Weird.

Welcome to the forums! Sorry you're having trouble.

My help will only work for a Windows installation. I have no idea how this works in the Mac environment. If you have a Mac, let us know and someone else will chime in.

One thing to try is to go to Control Panel > Programs and Features, find the Logos 6 installation, right-click and select "Repair." It may or may not work, but it's any easy thing to try, and it just might do the trick.

If not, to get help here we'll need to see logs follow the instructions here: http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging 

Note there may already be some logs in the Logos Log files (My Documents\Logos Log Files). If so, you can upload them first, we may see something in them. If not full logs are almost always better. Follow the above instructions in the Wiki and upload them here using the paperclip icon in the reply screen.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS