Is there a way to stop Logos from indexing on a win 8 tablet?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 98
David Saylor | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 7 2015 1:22 PM

I have been using logos 5 on a win8 tablet on a microsd card.  Whenever I do an update I transfer the updated indexing folder (LibraryIndex folder) from my full PC to the tablet, replacing the old index.  The tablet immediately tries to update the index, BUT if I tell it to stop for 4 hours and then run Logos and do searches, THE INDEX SEEMS TO BE FINE. 

QUESTION.  Is there any way to prevent the program from trying to reindex the index? It goes on for hours and never succeed in getting to 100%.

Thanks

Posts 4655
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 8 2015 7:00 AM

Take a look at this wiki page https://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers

I don't know if there are special considerations for a tablet, but I do know Method 2 works on a tablet.

I have never tried it, but I would think if you are running the same versions of logos on both the PC and the Tablet you would not have to go through the installation process outlined in Method 2 each time. Rather when you are updating the tablet from an updated PC simply replace the Data, Documents, and User folders on the tablet.

Posts 25096
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 9 2015 11:34 PM

Fredc:
I have never tried it, but I would think if you are running the same versions of logos on both the PC and the Tablet you would not have to go through the installation process outlined in Method 2 each time. Rather when you are updating the tablet from an updated PC simply replace the Data, Documents, and User folders on the tablet.

Correct - say 'goodbye' to indexing, and if you set Automatically Download Updates to NO (in Program Settings) you can say 'goodbye' to downloads! You can always update the software from the link in the wiki.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS