index window keeps popping up and says Logos is indexing, please wait or pause, I keep waiting, waiting, waiting...see below

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Lawrence Clayton | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 9 2015 7:10 AM

Everytime I turn pc on a window pops up and says that Logos is indexing. please wait until it's finished or pause while I go to other work. I have tried to pause it, left it one for hours, etc. etc. And when I turn my computer back on (I usually turn it off in evenings), the next time I start, there's my little faithful window, "Logos is indiexing....." How do I either complete the indexing, stop it, or put in a fix here. Thanks,

(Larry Clayton)

Posts 24005
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 9 2015 7:15 AM

Hi Lawrence - and welcome to the forums

Have you just bought a number of new resources? If so, Logos needs to index them to incorporate them into the system.

I suggest you find a time when you can let it run through and complete indexing. This may take some hours depending on your machine, how many resources you have etc.

Is it possible to leave it indexing overnight?

Indexing takes place after you purchase and download resources but not at other times

Hope this helps, Graham

PS: I suggest you edit your post (click More-? Edit) and remove your email address. They can get picked up by spambots.

Posts 2
Lawrence Clayton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 9 2015 7:50 AM

Graham,

Thanks for suggestions. I’ll give it an overnight try, and will remove email right now. Hadn’t thought of getting it pilfered by spambots.

Larry

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS