4.0b Beta 5 (4.02.3.5543) available

Page 1 of 2 (40 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 39 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 8022
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 19 2010 1:42 PM | Locked

4.0b Beta 5 (v4.02.3.5543) is now available for testing; enter "update now" to begin downloading it.

For Release Notes, see http://wiki.logos.com/4.0b_Beta_5

For 4.0b Beta 4 release notes, see http://community.logos.com/forums/t/9998.aspx

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 1:48 PM | Locked

Downloaded, updated and checking. Nice to see prayer lists back.

No cookie for you Bradley: still crashes arrowing through bibles

6266.Logos4.zip

Posts 838
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 2:14 PM | Locked

Maybe it was the update...and maybe the alignment of the planets. But after B4 my system had slowed to almost unusable, even after complete reboot. However, B5 has resurrected my installation. Thanks.

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 752
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 2:28 PM | Locked

I don't have a problem arrowing through Bibles.  Maybe it makes a difference which Bible you arrow from and/or to.

Terry, maybe if you give Bradley just one cookie for encouragement and motivation, and then tell him which Bibles you arrowed from and to when it fails (and indicate if they are in a parallel resource set) he will fix it for us. 

Posts 294
Debra W Bouey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 2:33 PM | Locked

Auto-downloaded, flawless install. Opening from blank layout or switching between complex layouts seems quicker than before.

Thanks for prayer list and optional import of same from L3 - Logos team's hard work 'tis greatly appreciated!

Lenovo P72: Intel 8th Gen i7-8750H 6-core, 32GB RAM, 2TB HDD + 1TB Sata SSD, 17.3" FHD 1920x1080, NVIDIA Quadro P600 4GB, Win 10 Pro

Posts 24952
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 2:44 PM | Locked

Dewayne Davis:

Maybe it was the update...and maybe the alignment of the planets. But after B4 my system had slowed to almost unusable, even after complete reboot. However, B5 has resurrected my installation. Thanks.

You're not the only one, Dewayne

B4 slowed book icon display, Collection contents display, tab opening. Now back to normal with B5.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2693
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 2:59 PM | Locked

cool 2 betas in one day Surprise - keep up the good work Big Smile

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 3:05 PM | Locked

very nice. imported my prayer list with no problem, and was able to edit it pretty effortlessly. now the ribbon is becoming all the more useful to me now that it's not just reading plans.

thanks!

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 3663
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 3:09 PM | Locked

Auto-downloaded, flawless install. WOW -- 12 seconds to move from blank layout to a fully functional NT Layout! (including populated MPG, MEG, & BE)!

Can't wait to start playing....

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 206
David McAllan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 3:40 PM | Locked

Downloaded well. Installed well. Given quite a workout and has not crashed at all so far. A noticable difference in speed. An absolute pleasure to use. Thanks to all in the development team.

One suggestion I have is with the note file drop down list in any resource. Can it be that once I select or de-select a note, the scroll bar stay at that position rather than returning to the top after each click of a note.

Again, many thanks

David
https://www.echucacommunitychurch.com

Specs: HP Pavilion dv6-6137tx ; i7 2 GHz; 8 gb RAM; 2 gb Graphics; 750 Gb HD; Win 10; Bitdefender Antivirus.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 3:47 PM | Locked

Tim Hensler:

I don't have a problem arrowing through Bibles.  Maybe it makes a difference which Bible you arrow from and/or to.

Terry, maybe if you give Bradley just one cookie for encouragement and motivation, and then tell him which Bibles you arrowed from and to when it fails (and indicate if they are in a parallel resource set) he will fix it for us. 

Nope, Bradley must earn his cookies.

There is already a bug report, and I have uploaded the log. He has indicated there that it has something to do with interlinear resources..

Posts 8022
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 3:54 PM | Locked

Terry Poperszky:

There is already a bug report, and I have uploaded the log. He has indicated there that it has something to do with interlinear resources..

This appears to be a new and different crash in Beta 5; we will investigate it.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 3:57 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

Terry Poperszky:

Ok, if it's new, here is your treat.  Cake

Would you like me to start a new thread, or is this sufficient.

Posts 8022
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 3:58 PM | Locked

Terry Poperszky:

Would you like me to start a new thread, or is this sufficient.

This is sufficient; I'll ask for more information if we need it.

Posts 155
James Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 4:56 PM | Locked

Confirming "Parallel Resource" bug squashed!!! <Jim passes Bradley a cookie... or two ;) >

Thanks!

Jim

Posts 84
Nigel Cunningham | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 5:48 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

Is that kainos or heteros? Sorry. 12 years after my introduction to The Elements of New Student Headaches Testament Greek, "new and better" I still can't read or hear "new and" without thinking "better" Tongue Tied (Woohoo. My first ever graphical smiley!)

Anonymous | | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 6:25 PM | Locked

After 2.5 hours, I've downloaded only 84% of 37.3 MB. How many people are downloading this at the same time?

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 6:43 PM | Locked

Jeffrey Glen Jackson:

After 2.5 hours, I've downloaded only 84% of 37.3 MB. How many people are downloading this at the same time?

What speed connection do you have? Is it stopped or is it still making progress?  It only take me a couple minutes to download program updates on my DSL connection.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 336
Icarus38376 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 7:01 PM | Locked

The ability to copy a bible verse after a bible or speed search is still broken.  The "copy" function only copies address text, but not the verse.  In fact, I would expect to see the whole "bible tab" appear with a right click after a bible search.

Posts 8022
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 7:08 PM | Locked

CoramDeo:

The ability to copy a bible verse after a bible or speed search is still broken.  The "copy" function only copies address text, but not the verse.  In fact, I would expect to see the whole "bible tab" appear with a right click after a bible search.

I've noted that there's no "Reference" tab on the context menu in Bible Search. We plan to address copying/exporting search results with the upcoming "Passage Lists" feature.

Page 1 of 2 (40 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS