4.0b Beta 5 (4.02.3.5543) available

Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 39 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 336
Icarus38376 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 7:20 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

CoramDeo:

The ability to copy a bible verse after a bible or speed search is still broken.  The "copy" function only copies address text, but not the verse.  In fact, I would expect to see the whole "bible tab" appear with a right click after a bible search.

I've noted that there's no "Reference" tab on the context menu in Bible Search. We plan to address copying/exporting search results with the upcoming "Passage Lists" feature.

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.Gift

Posts 853
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 4:56 AM | Locked

Bradley (and team),

I really like the changes. Worth the wait? You bet!!! And still more to come? Looking good. Keep up the good work. We all appreciate it.

Posts 115
Steve Sando | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 8:50 AM | Locked

Yeah! Prayer Lists!

It seems odd to use a computer to keep track of things on the heart.  But, for me it has become a way of life.  I'm sure a minority of users use that feature, but for some of us Logos is part of our daily devotion time.  Logos is not just a research tool for me anymore.  I hadn't realized that until L4 and the Prayer list was gone.  Now it's back.

Thanks!

Posts 347
Mitch Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 9:25 AM | Locked

Bradley,

For the 2nd straight Beta (betas 4 and 5..I'm on beta 3) my laptop will not begin the download process after having typed in "update now" in the command bar. I tried restarting Logos as well as rebooting the laptop to see if that would help. No go.

Any suggestions? I will have internet access for the next hour or so but not sure after that....so I'm hoping you get this soon.

Thanks,
Mitch

Posts 8006
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 10:26 AM | Locked

Mitch Davis:

For the 2nd straight Beta (betas 4 and 5..I'm on beta 3) my laptop will not begin the download process after having typed in "update now" in the command bar. I tried restarting Logos as well as rebooting the laptop to see if that would help. No go.

Any suggestions? I will have internet access for the next hour or so but not sure after that....so I'm hoping you get this soon.

Does it work if you download the latest beta installer directly from http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/InstallerBeta/Logos4Setup.exe ?

(Sorry, looks like I got to your message exactly at the one-hour mark...)

Posts 347
Mitch Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 10:50 AM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

Does it work if you download the latest beta installer directly from http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/InstallerBeta/Logos4Setup.exe ?

(Sorry, looks like I got to your message exactly at the one-hour mark...)

Thanks Bradley....I didn't have the installer link, which worked fine. Why wouldn't the Update Now work in the command bar (it has always worked in previous Beta builds)? P.S. - I have an extra 2 hours of online time....which is giving me time make the upgrade to Beta 5. THANKS!

Posts 8006
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 11:16 AM | Locked

Mitch Davis:

Thanks Bradley....I didn't have the installer link, which worked fine. Why wouldn't the Update Now work in the command bar (it has always worked in previous Beta builds)? P.S. - I have an extra 2 hours of online time....which is giving me time make the upgrade to Beta 5. THANKS!

There was a change in Beta 4 to fix a problem that would cause the check for updates to fail; perhaps you're experiencing that bug, and it will now be fixed for you in Beta 5? If you have problems updating from Beta 5 to Beta 6, please create a new thread and attach your log files, so I can see what might be going wrong.

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 12:50 PM | Locked

Now that Prayer Lists are in, is there any chance of getting them to appear in the iPhone app (and sync)?

Fred Greco
Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA, Katy, TX
Windows 10 64-bit; Logos 7.1 SR-2 (Reformed Platinum)

Posts 2718
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 2:56 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

Might be a good idea to include this link with each beta announcement.

Second thing: will prayer lists be placed anywhere easy to see when we start up. One of the benefits of the home page and now the ribbon bar is that is in your face. Prayer lists would be much better on the ribbon than picking my  favorite bible which seldom changes.

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 2:56 PM | Locked

Kevin A. Purcell:
Might be a good idea to include this link with each beta announcement.

I concur.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 8006
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 9:55 PM | Locked

Kevin A. Purcell:

Second thing: will prayer lists be placed anywhere easy to see when we start up. One of the benefits of the home page and now the ribbon bar is that is in your face. Prayer lists would be much better on the ribbon than picking my  favorite bible which seldom changes.

Prayer Lists do appear by default on the Home Page ribbon (and can be turned off in the Customize menu).

Posts 40
josh s blake | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 23 2010 6:52 AM | Locked

Didn't find this listed, but maybe I missed it...reading plans made in L4b beta 5 are not readable in the apple Logos app.  If a repeat, ignore, just letting you know.

Posts 24
Walter A. Svarczkopf | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 23 2010 9:22 PM | Locked

Having some of the same problems in Beta 5 that I had in Released L4 and Beta 3.  Here they are:

1. Typing in Notes files seems very slow.  The response on the screen is well behind my actual typing.  There is such a lag, typing errors and fixing of them is cumbersome.
  2. When searching a Notes file, if I hit CNTL-F, I get the Find pop up window, but when I type anything in there, I no longer see the serach magnifying glass.  I only see a Red "X".  And it does not actually let the search happen.
  3. When I cut/paste into an L4 Notes file, I find some undesirable behavior.  Any or all of the following happen. 
  • The past takes incredibly long.  I don't know why, but it almost seems like it is not working.
  • The paste does not always happen where my cursor was at the time.  Usually pretty close, but often in the middle of the next word.
  • When it does finally do the paste, the cursor position gets reset to some place else in the notes file.  Sometimes at the top, sometimes in the middle.  One would expect it to stay at the end of the newly pasted text.
  • Sometimes I simply get an error message saying that L4 has encountered an error and needs to shut down.  I have not had this happen yet in Beta5, but I haven't tried it extensively yet.
  • I lose any hyperlinks that existed in the cut text.  In other words, when I cut from one notes file to another, the hyperlinks are lost.  I can understand this if I am cutting/pasting from some other word processor or file, but if I am cutting/pasting from one L4 notes file to another, I would think the hyperlinks would be maintained. When cutting/pasting from somewhere else, it would sure be nice to have the LDLS3 button to create Hyperlinks from references found embedded in the Notes text.

All of this is in addition to my request for L3 notes capabilities:

http://community.logos.com/forums/thread/74438.aspx

Posts 204
Steven Yu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 24 2010 9:57 PM | Locked

Installed two days ago, haven't had any major issue or crash, speed of search is much much faster than the stable release....  Well done!

"And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free", John 8:32.
"你們必定認識真理,真理必定使你們自由", 約翰福音 8:3.

Posts 8006
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 10:50 AM | Locked

josh s blake:

Didn't find this listed, but maybe I missed it...reading plans made in L4b beta 5 are not readable in the apple Logos app.  If a repeat, ignore, just letting you know.

I can't reproduce this; I just created a plan and it showed up right away in the iPhone app.

Posts 3672
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2010 10:56 AM | Locked

For some reason, visual filters won't show or am I doing something wrong? While the filter definitely shows as saved in the file menu, it does not show in the "visual filter" drop down list in the resource window. See the example below:

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2010 11:24 AM | Locked

Francis:

For some reason, visual filters won't show or am I doing something wrong? While the filter definitely shows as saved in the file menu, it does not show in the "visual filter" drop down list in the resource window. See the example below:

Francis...I duplicated your visual filter..and it worked for me...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 3672
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2010 11:45 AM | Locked

Robert, are you using 4.0b beta 5?

If so, I am still left with the question: why does it not work for me???

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2010 11:58 AM | Locked

Francis...yes...B5...

It doesn't make sense...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 3672
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2010 10:35 AM | Locked

Perhaps it was a problem of some sort with the index.

I updated to beta 6 and the problem was still there. Then I wiped clean the installation and installed a fresh copy of beta 6. Now that the indexing is completed, it is working again.

Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS