bibles not loading from passage guide

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 100
Heath Choate | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 19 2010 6:02 PM

So when I search for a passage from the home page my preferred Bible opens to the passage. 

Once the passage guide is open, I try to change passages , the commentaries/cross references change to show what I typed but the Bible and open commentary won't change. Do I have to go to the front page every time?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 6:07 PM

The link set between the Bible and the commentary;passage guide must be manually set to link set A for it to follow the Bible/Commentaries. However, keep in mind that linking the passage guide to a Bible can slow things down as it will regenerate every time you move your Bible

I just notice that you posted in the Mac forum (my screen shot is from the PC version). If the reports can't be linked in Mac yet they will be at some time.

Posts 100
Heath Choate | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 6:18 PM

Kevin Becker:

The link set between the Bible and the commentary;passage guide must be manually set to link set A for it to follow the Bible/Commentaries. However, keep in mind that linking the passage guide to a Bible can slow things down as it will regenerate every time you move your Bible

I just notice that you posted in the Mac forum (my screen shot is from the PC version). If the reports can't be linked in Mac yet they will be at some time.

Thanks Kevin:

That seemed to take care of it. I had my Bible and commentary linked but not the passage guide. Thanks again

Posts 10649
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 3:38 AM

Heath Choate:
That seemed to take care of it. I had my Bible and commentary linked but not the passage guide. Thanks again

Heath

I do not link my PG to the Bibles and commentaries for two reasons. 1) As Kevin noted, this slows things down. 2) More important, I normally study a paragraph rather than a single verse. If the PG is linked to a commentary, it will follow as a scroll through the individual verses. This not only slows things down, but when I want to go to another commentary, I have to either scroll the one I am reading back to the beginning or retype my address in the PG. If they are not linked, I can simply click the next commentary in the PG and go to the beginning of that discussion.

L4 gives you choices. Try different methods to see which best fits your personal study habits.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS