Searching difficulties within collections

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 59
Keith Keyser | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 24 2015 8:17 AM

The past few days I've had trouble with my L6 search engine, e.g. this a.m. I plugged in a phrase from Spurgeon's "Morning & Evening" with the search set up for "Spurgeon Writings" (a collection that I created & have been using successfully for over a year - it contains "Morning & Evening," The Met. Tab., Sword & Trowel, etc.) My search yielded zero results. I've also had problems with other collections during the past few days. Anyone else having such trouble?

Love in Christ,

Keith

Posts 22223
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 9:00 AM

Hi Keith

There have been a number of reports recently with searches returning zero results - across different resources.

The solution in most cases was to rebuild the index - type the command "rebuild index" into the command box at the top of the screen.

It is probably worth trying this but please note it might take some hours (depending on the size of your library and system spec) so may be worth leaving to run overnight.

Graham 

Posts 27962
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 9:06 AM

I agree with Graham that you very well may need to reindex your installation... but that is kind of a nuclear option. If you want to examine other possibilities, please provide more details (what specific version are you running? What OS? Can you give specific examples and screen shots?) This thread may be moved to the L6 forum. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 59
Keith Keyser | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 10:05 AM

6562.LogosLogs.keith.20150224-130104.zip

I have a MacBook Pro running OS X Yosemite 10.10.2   I have Logos Baptist Gold (Logos Bible Software 6.1   6.1.0.0016)

Thanks for the help!  -Keith

Posts 22223
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 1:02 PM

You have a capital "P" in the search term and I think in "Morning and Evening" it is only found with lower case.

Do you have "match case" set?

Posts 59
Keith Keyser | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 1:08 PM

No, it doesn't work with either case.

Posts 59
Keith Keyser | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 1:30 PM

To clarify, "match case" isn't set.

Posts 22223
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 1:32 PM

Keith Keyser:

To clarify, "match case" isn't set.