Verbum Unexpected Quit Message

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Mark Materna | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 26 2015 1:22 PM

I've only had Verbun for a few days, but I keep on getting a problem report dialog every time I start Verbum. It states that it has quit unexpectedly the last time it was run, which it hasn't.  It alway seem to quit normally. So what is going on. I've attached screen captures of the dialog, my system information, and Verbum information.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Mark

1362.Verburn About.tiff 3823.Verbum Quit.tiff6012.Hardware Overview.tiff

Posts 25652
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 2:29 PM

Welcome Mark

A Mac person should soon be able to help you

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 4732
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 3:20 PM

HI Mark

Welcome to the forums I hope you get the help you need.

I, too, am a Mac user although I do not have Verbun.

What you are describing has happened in the past but not for a release or two. As far as I remember reports on the forums.

I would reinstall the engine.

Do not delete anything!

Go to the Logos site and log into your account and find the orders page.

On your orders page find the link to download Logos 6 - it will be a link to the latest version.

Download the DMG and go through the installation process again. The download brings a complete new copy of the engine and given reasonable internet only takes a few minutes to come through.

Let the installation and any indexing complete and then try again.

By the way... if you want to put screen shots on the forum use 'Cmd + Shift + 4 to select the area you want to save - once saved use the paperclip above to attach them to your post. That way they appear in the post and we do not have to download and open them. (and then delete them)

Posts 5
Mark Materna | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 3:37 PM

Hi Mike, 

Thanks for the information.  I'll re-install the engine and see if that fixes things.

Regards,

Mark 

Posts 5
Mark Materna | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 5:16 PM

Hi Mike,

Re-installing, Verbum as you suggested, seems to have done the trick. Thank your for your help.

Regards,

Mark

Posts 4732
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 11:52 PM

Glad it is all working for you.

Don't hesitate to ask questions, in new threads of course. You should consider this thread closed now.

Silly questions are especially welcome because I can answer most of those; technical ones get left to my fellow MVPs.

Now stop reading the forums and get on with your work...Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS