federal headship

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 437
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 26 2015 7:34 PM

I'm trying to do a Factbook Search on "Federal Headship" and it keeps bringing me to "authority" and won't let me search "Federal Headship" or even just "headship" without going to authority. Is there a way to get around this? 

Posts 28284
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 7:40 PM

I don't know much about Factbook, but in looking up "Federal Headship" it shows one topic... Authority (or "headship"). From my understanding of Factbook, the issue isn't a bug... the issue is that there isn't a topic of "Federal Headship."

Of course, I might be wrong and someone will correct us both. Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 18867
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 7:57 PM

If there isn't a Factbook entry for "Federal Headship" I would suggest doing a Basic Search on that phrase (in quotation marks). There isn't much on it in my library (only 21 hits in a library of 21,000+ resources, so I can see why they wouldn't have a whole Factbook entry on it. All the best with your research.

Posts 175
Orpheus Heyward | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 8:00 PM

I just did the same search, but received one hit.  However, i am getting back many more hits when i do a basic search with all resources (398 hits).  You could probably narrow this search by searching just theology books.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 8:04 PM

Replicated Factbook "Authority" plus learned "See Also" everything search has Topic section without Federal Headship.  Searching Heading Text, Large Text for:

federal headship

found some relevant articles

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 437
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 8:05 PM

Rosie, thanks for the tip. I'm actually working on my homework for Seminary. And it turns out I need more sleep. I was doing a regular search for it, and it turns out I was trying to search the ESV Bible for Federal Headship. 

You know it's time to go to bed when....

Posts 18867
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 9:05 PM

Jonathan Bradley:

Rosie, thanks for the tip. I'm actually working on my homework for Seminary. And it turns out I need more sleep. I was doing a regular search for it, and it turns out I was trying to search the ESV Bible for Federal Headship. 

You know it's time to go to bed when....

Ha! Yes, that pesky Bible. It has a habit of not wording things the same way our systematic theology books do. Doesn't mention the Trinity by that word, etc. Smile

Sleep well.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS