Have all collections not included in PRA initially

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2167
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 20 2010 1:41 PM | Locked

By default all collections are included in PRAs.  Anyone with large or unusual collections will have lag problems because L4 is attempting to read these and create PRAs. I think it would be wise of Logos to have the default to only include the default PRA with instructions on including or creating additional collections to tweak this listing.

If you cannot make this process more efficient on all computers using Logos, then you are only asking for more complaints if you do not change the default before release.

Posts 9041
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 1:48 PM | Locked

John,

Logos couldn't do that at first since in the initial release they hadn't implemented the second stream of parallel resources. They can choose to do so now. Having gone through my 120 collections one at a time to uncheck the 'include' box I'd opt for your suggestion.

I can hear the questions, though. "How do I change what's on my parallel resources pane? There's stuff there I don't like." But there are going to be questions one way or other and I think your approach is the way to go.

Second the motion.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 7909
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 2:13 PM | Locked

John Fidel:

By default all collections are included in PRAs.  Anyone with large or unusual collections will have lag problems because L4 is attempting to read these and create PRAs. I think it would be wise of Logos to have the default to only include the default PRA with instructions on including or creating additional collections to tweak this listing.

Beta 6 will default all collections to not participating in parallel resources. (This will only apply to new Beta 6 installations; anyone upgrading from Beta 4/5 will already have had that checkbox checked for all collections and will need to manually uncheck it.)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS