1-2 Thessalonians BECNT cheaper than prepublication price now

Page 3 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 55 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 178
Ann Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2015 6:54 PM

Lee:

I got the official reply from FL that the dynamic price was revised upwards since "since we promised that the Pre-Pub price will always be the lowest price for product".

I cannot understand this decision at all. This is tantamount to saying that I don't get the discount because I already have 16 volumes, but someone who has no volumes gets it.

Also, members should henceforth stop tooting the horn that "XXX is cheaper than pre-pub price now", if this is how FL will react.

Agreed, there is a dichotomy here.

Posts 205
LogosEmployee
Kent Hendricks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 10 2015 3:39 PM

I'm sorry about this. We've been watching this thread and having some conversations about how to solve this.

We have removed the lowest price limit. If you own 16 volumes, you'll now see the discount applied.

We also want to respect those who got BECNT Thessalonians on Pre-Pub with the expectation that they would be getting the best price. We plan to issue Logos credit for the difference. If you got this volume on Pre-Pub, the credit will be applied to your account within the next few days. You'll receive a message notifying you when it's available.

Posts 13397
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 10 2015 3:48 PM

Kent Hendricks:
We have removed the lowest price limit. If you own 16 volumes, you'll now see the discount applied.

Good. This is the right decision. Saying that pre-pub is the best price remains true, even if you can get a better price later by buying a collection.

However, at least two commentary sets still appear to have a lowest price limit:

Can you confirm that you won't impose a lowest price limit on any Logos collections, and remove any that remain?

Posts 404
Danny Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 10 2015 3:57 PM

The end result is that you received a sale. I'm not sure that I would ever have paid full price for this volume.

On the bigger issue: I buy prepub all the time - just not for this volume when it came out. As a regular user of prepub, I do not see a problem with later having a discounted price. It happens in life all the time. Things change - publisher agreement, market value, etc. In good faith you are usually providing a good price for prepubs. If later you can provide a better price no big deal. Just because someone else gets a better price, why should I be worried if I got only a good price previously (I believe there is a parable about this ;))

Perhaps you need to remove the 'guarantee' on prepub to keep people from whining about it later (for sure some will). I believe everyone evaluates price versus value and makes a decision any time they make a purchase. I don't think we need a 'guarantee'. Especially this is true when it artificially holds the price for a volume at a higher than necessary place at a later time. Besides, this 'guarantee' is violated at certain times anyway - March Madness as an example.

Just my thoughts. And thanks for resolving the issue. You have my dollars.

Danny

Posts 1582
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 10 2015 4:29 PM

George Gates:
You wish!!

Looks like my wish came true George! How about that! Thanks Faithlife for following through on this. 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 2575
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 10 2015 5:33 PM

Mark Barnes:

Kent Hendricks:

Good. This is the right decision. Saying that pre-pub is the best price remains true, even if you can get a better price later by buying a collection.

@FL: Thanks!

@Mark: Absolutely.

Posts 178
Ann Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 10 2015 6:03 PM

John Kight:

George Gates:
You wish!!

Looks like my wish came true George! How about that! Thanks Faithlife for following through on this. 

Now that is COOL! Cool Would appreciate if FL could jump in a bit earlier on the thread, though. Even if it is to say we are monitoring and considering the issue and that we would eventually have a result.

But this is great! Party!!!

Posts 2841
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 10 2015 7:19 PM

Kent Hendricks:

I'm sorry about this. We've been watching this thread and having some conversations about how to solve this.

We also want to respect those who got BECNT Thessalonians on Pre-Pub with the expectation that they would be getting the best price. We plan to issue Logos credit for the difference. If you got this volume on Pre-Pub, the credit will be applied to your account within the next few days. You'll receive a message notifying you when it's available.

Still showing $49 for me, and I have the BENT.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 652
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 10 2015 8:10 PM

Mine shows $32.39. Maybe the page needs refreshed.

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 10 2015 8:12 PM

Danny Parker:

The end result is that you received a sale. I'm not sure that I would ever have paid full price for this volume.

On the bigger issue: I buy prepub all the time - just not for this volume when it came out. As a regular user of prepub, I do not see a problem with later having a discounted price. It happens in life all the time. Things change - publisher agreement, market value, etc. In good faith you are usually providing a good price for prepubs. If later you can provide a better price no big deal. Just because someone else gets a better price, why should I be worried if I got only a good price previously (I believe there is a parable about this ;))

Perhaps you need to remove the 'guarantee' on prepub to keep people from whining about it later (for sure some will). I believe everyone evaluates price versus value and makes a decision any time they make a purchase. I don't think we need a 'guarantee'. Especially this is true when it artificially holds the price for a volume at a higher than necessary place at a later time. Besides, this 'guarantee' is violated at certain times anyway - March Madness as an example.

Just my thoughts. And thanks for resolving the issue. You have my dollars.

Danny

My thoughts exactly!

Posts 652
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 10 2015 8:20 PM

I accused Logos on an earlier post in this thread of braking their prepub promise everyday. Although this may be true, I should not of stated an assumtion as a known fact —for this I apologize.

It's in Logos best interest (in my opinion) to not have a policy that garantees their prepubs will not be sold lower. 

In Christ

Posts 9137
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 10 2015 8:28 PM

Kent Hendricks:

Faithlife has once again done the right thing even though is costly and more work for them. Thank you.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2015 2:38 AM

Michael Childs:

Still showing $49 for me, and I have the BENT.

The reduction has only been applied to the set, not to the individual volume, so you get the dynamic price if you already have the rest, if you complete the set. https://www.logos.com/product/46541/baker-exegetical-commentary-on-the-new-testament

Posts 3376
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2015 8:56 AM

32.39 for me as well.

Into Grace:

Mine shows $32.39. Maybe the page needs refreshed.

mm.

Posts 170
Jim Snowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2015 9:30 AM

Thanks Kent. That is very fair. Just bought it now on the new reduced price of $32.39.

Actually I never knew about the prepub price being promised as the the lowest price ever and that never stopped me getting things on prepub. I assumed pre-pub was a discounted price, that may or may not be beaten by some other deal in the future. So maybe it won't hurt sales to remove that promise for future pre-pub pricing?

Jim

Posts 225
Alex Bui | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2015 9:43 AM

Jim Snowden:

Thanks Kent. That is very fair. Just bought it now on the new reduced price of $32.39.

Actually I never knew about the prepub price being promised as the the lowest price ever and that never stopped me getting things on prepub. I assumed pre-pub was a discounted price, that may or may not be beaten by some other deal in the future. So maybe it won't hurt sales to remove that promise for future pre-pub pricing?

Jim

Yes

If I decide to take my wife and my two kids to new release movies, I will pay the new release price.  And if I wait few months, I would pay less at a discounted movie theater. 

Page 3 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS