What Function / Difference Does Reference / Article Make in Lectionary?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3644
BillS | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 20 2010 2:50 PM | Locked

I toggle back & forth between them & notice no difference in navigation with any of the arrow keys (on or off the scroll bar).

Is there supposed to be any difference?

Posts 7906
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 2:56 PM | Locked

BillS:

I toggle back & forth between them & notice no difference in navigation with any of the arrow keys (on or off the scroll bar).

In this resource, the article breaks happen to occur at the same location as new "references" (which are dates in the lectionary). In a different resource, this might not be the case; for example, in Lake's Apostolic Fathers in English, the "Article" breaks are at each chapter, while navigating by "Reference" goes verse-by-verse.

Posts 3644
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 3:03 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

BillS:

In this resource, the article breaks happen to occur at the same location as new "references" (which are dates in the lectionary). In a different resource, this might not be the case; for example, in Lake's Apostolic Fathers in English, the "Article" breaks are at each chapter, while navigating by "Reference" goes verse-by-verse.

Hi Bradley,

this resource...  does that mean other lectionaries might differ? Or is it the lectionary resource "type"?

Thanks for the response!

Bill

Posts 7906
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 6:01 PM | Locked

BillS:

this resource...  does that mean other lectionaries might differ? Or is it the lectionary resource "type"?

It's theoretically possible for other lectionaries to be different; however, all current lectionaries are built in the same way and will share the same behaviour. So, although some might differ, none currently do.

Posts 3644
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 9:16 PM | Locked

Thanks, Bradley....

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS