Brevard S. Childs bundle

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 110
Philip E. Sumpter | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 18 2015 1:24 AM

There's a growing interest in the work of the Biblical scholar Brevard S. Childs. As far as evangelicals are concerned this may be primarily on the academic level, but I sense taht this interest is also filtering down pastors as well. Childs wrote ground breaking works in the fields on OT/NT introduction, OT theology, and Biblical Theology, he wrote top class commentaries on Isaiah and Exodus, and he wrote a fascinating history of the interpretation of Isaiah (among other books, such as an book on reading Paul). It would be wonderful to have "Childs bundle" from Logos.

Posts 1090
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 18 2015 1:44 AM

Many of his books are already available for individual sale. Did you want something specific that they don't already have?

https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=Brevard+S.+Childs&Author=1547|Brevard+Childs&redirecttoauthor=true

Posts 110
Philip E. Sumpter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 18 2015 1:51 AM

Oh, things have changed a bit since the last time I checked. For example, I don't remember the Isaiah commentary being available for purchase as an individual book, only as part of a set. I know that his Introduction to the Old Testament is only available as part of a set and his New Testament as Canon is not available at all. 

Furthermore, if all these were bundled together they'd be cheaper as a package, wouldn't they?

Posts 19052
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 18 2015 2:21 AM

Yes, a Brevard Childs bundle would be a good idea. Yes

I already own all the Childs works that Faithlife sells, but I think this would be of great interest to others. And they should get the remaining works by Childs that they don't yet sell.

Posts 452
Is Mebin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 18 2015 5:06 AM
Yes...a complete package would be advantageous...!
Posts 3523
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 18 2015 3:05 PM

Yes

mm.

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 18 2015 5:10 PM

Yes Agree.  I'd definitely be interested.

Posts 5002
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 18 2015 8:18 PM

Yes

Posts 4407
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 7:06 AM

Philip E. Sumpter:
As far as evangelicals are concerned this may be primarily on the academic level, but I sense taht this interest is also filtering down pastors as well.

At least some of his work (e.g., Introduction to the Old Testament as Scripture) is also (still) referenced in some new Catholic academic publications.

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS