Compiling a Wish list

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 70
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 18 2015 7:19 PM

I have Logos 6 Gold (Standard) and am wanting to expand my library, albeit slowly because, well, books. I would like some input on things that I should want to add to my library, things that would be good for individual purchases. 

Posts 27561
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 18 2015 7:26 PM

Jonathan Bradley:
I would like some input on things that I should want to add to my library, things that would be good for individual purchases. 

You should be more specific. What do you want / like / need? What do you use Logos for?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 18652
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 18 2015 10:25 PM

I think one of the best bang-for-your-buck additions to a Logos base package is the IVP Essential Reference Collection Version 3.

Posts 2277
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 9:13 AM

Rosie Perera:

I think one of the best bang-for-your-buck additions to a Logos base package is the IVP Essential Reference Collection Version 3.

I agree with Rosie in respect of this suggestion.

Additionally, you may wish to consider the Tyndale Commentary Series or The Bible Speaks Today series. Both are aimed at the informed lay reader and are, as is the case with every commentary series, a little uneven in places. However, in my opinion, both sets are well priced and provide good coverage. It is worth keeping in mind that both sets are regularly available at discounted prices (i.e. speak to sales in order to get the best price possible). 

You may want to look at the WEA Theological Resource Library which offers a lot of content for a modest price. 

Although a little expensive, my personal best buy (based on my use and the value added to my library) is Beale and Carson's Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament. Just keep in mind that Carson is still in the running for March Madness 2015. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that this particular book may be discounted in the near future.

Blessings

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS