Suggestion: New Feature- Study Bible Notes Explorer

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 14
Timothy James Mills | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 18 2015 9:28 PM

When reading the Bible, I often wish I could view multiple study bibles at the same time. So it would be great if there was a feature in the Logos apps which would collect the study notes of multiple study Bibles and organize them by the scripture reference. It would be nice to be able to select/deselect which study bibles you wanted within the study Bible browser.

Posts 23594
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 18 2015 10:18 PM

You can have  multiple study Bibles open in the desktop apps. 

Which platform are you referring to?

Posts 30144
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 18 2015 11:23 PM

What I would appreciate would be to have the words or phrased covered in the study Bible to be underlined (color by Study Bible) in the Bible version they reference - having it only in the version of the Study Bible makes it doable without trying to match words across multiple versions. An example done by notes with multiple attachment points.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3273
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 8:12 AM

Timothy James Mills:

When reading the Bible, I often wish I could view multiple study bibles at the same time. So it would be great if there was a feature in the Logos apps which would collect the study notes of multiple study Bibles and organize them by the scripture reference. It would be nice to be able to select/deselect which study bibles you wanted within the study Bible browser.

This sounds similar to their approach the the Lexham Bible Guides.

You could alternatively create a collection for your study Bibles and use it in a Passage Guide and have that follow your Bible references.  That wouldn't display all but you could easily click which ones you want to read for each verse.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 9:31 AM

There is something close to this called power lookup.  Right click select the scripture reference and then choose power lookup.  You commentaries appear in the order they are prioritized. The only problem is that you can't choose which ones you want and the notes are cut off at a certain point.

Posts 11312
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 10:38 AM

I like both Timothy's and MJ's suggestion (together or MJ's separately).

MJ's idea to highlight the phrases is well within Logos' UI-orientation.  And it really works well for your eyes.  I found my eyes quickly reading MJ's example.  Hmmm... 

Timothy's suggestion has really been needed all the way back to Libronix.  I REALLY, REALLY wish, instead of listing commentaries, apparatus, etc. in ALL the tools, you could select snippets (no, not click/mouse one at a time; too slow).  In Timothy's study-Bible example, the snippet would of course be the whole note.  So for him, he'd have all his study Bible notes.

A quick note (e.g. Jewish study Bible) or a snippet (e.g. Hermeneia, Anchor Dictionary, church fathers, whatever) is enough for me.  I do not need to keep 5 commentaries open all the time (Graham's possible solution), and the related books bounce around anyway.  And a list of books is a waste of time.

Both Timothy and MJ's ideas are really good.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS