Update error

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 143
iamk | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 19 2015 9:54 AM

Unfortunately I can't remember the time I opened up Logos and was able to use it without some kind've problem. For this reason I've moved to other platforms. So when L6 came out I thought let's give it a try. After the initial update it says there's another update. Okay. I downloaded that one and tried to install. Then a dialog box comes up and says update error.

Is there a solution to this that doesn't involve me "sending logs." I have never been so disgusted with a piece of software in my life. I started using logos a long time ago and it seems like they just can't get things to work smoothly without a problem. I'm sure I can troubleshoot this and get it to work eventually but next time I try to use Logos (maybe in 3 months or so) it will have another error or problem. I promise that has been my experience. 

I'm sure there will be several posts saying "it works great for me" as there always seems to be. No other software I've ever purchased has this many issues. And I've invested a lot of money with this company. Sorry about the frustration. We are all busy and we like to depend on our tools. When they never work, it brings out some emotions.

thanks.

Posts 21868
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 10:01 AM

iamk:
Is there a solution to this that doesn't involve me "sending logs"

That does limit what we can do.Smile

Are you running on Windows or Mac? Sometimes a computer restart can fix these sorts of problems.

You could try reinstalling again from the download link at https://www.logos.com/install 

Or you may want to try contacting Customer Services - https://www.logos.com/contact - and see if they can log into your machine remotely and help try diagnose the problem

Posts 143
iamk | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 10:04 AM

Thanks Graham. If sending logs is what's needed then so be it. It's just a little tedious back and forth since I'm very busy currently. I know we are all busy. That's why we need tools that just work. I will try reinstalling some other time. i don't have time to mess with it right now.

thanks

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS