BUG: Sign In Process Hanging Up After 6.1 SR3 Release

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 19 2015 3:48 PM

I seem to be having an issue since the recent upgrade.  I get the "Signing In" window and the system appears to be attempting to log in.  But after 4 minutes, or so, the system appears to hang up in the process.  Sign in never happens and the application is stalled.

Internet connection is fine, no other apparent problems.

Can someone help?

8838.Verbum[2].log

Posts 5558
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 3:55 PM

Steve:
Can someone help?

Maybe.

It's possible that a firewall is blocking the updated Logos 6. If you have a firewall installed, you may want to make sure that Logos 6 is included in your "safe" or "green" list.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 5:20 PM

Hmmm....  I don't seem to be able to find where in Norton Internet Security I would add or remove a program from a firewall list.  I'm not remembering ever having to do that in the past.

Tongue Tied

Posts 24043
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2015 12:41 AM

Look in the menus for Options/Settings, or visit the Norton site for assistance.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2015 3:44 AM

I was able to locate the listing of programs in Norton.  Yes, verbum.exe is on the allowed list.  I'm wondering if there was a hiccup in or during the installation of SR3 and now there is some corruption somewhere.  Is there a way to "reinstall" or "fix" just the software?

Thanks for the help.

Posts 4492
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2015 3:48 AM

Steve

In the first instance do not delete stuff.

Go to your orders page on Logos.com and locate the download link for the engine.

If you download and reinstall (quite a quick task) it will provide you with a new, up to date, version of the main software.

Once this is installed you can then check to see if the problem is solved - if not then you would need to submit logs here or contact support for further help.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2015 8:32 AM

Thanks.   I'm looking through everything on my orders page and it's not jumping out at me where the "download link for the engine" is located.  can you give me just a little more detail?

Posts 4492
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2015 10:54 AM

Hi Steve - You should be able to locate it under Orders History by reference to the date that you first purchased the upgrade.

Posts 5558
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2015 11:00 AM

Steve:
I'm wondering if there was a hiccup in or during the installation of SR3 and now there is some corruption somewhere.  Is there a way to "reinstall" or "fix" just the software?

If this is a Windows installation, you may be able to repair it by going to Control Panel > Programs and Features, find Verbum, right-click and choose repair. This may, or may not fix the problem you're having.

If you're on a Mac, follow the Mike Binks' advice.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2015 12:24 PM

Thanks all.  Actually, while Rich was replying with the latest recommendation I did find an article on the support site that suggested the same.  It appears to have fixed the problem as I am now able to get logged on and synced without difficulty.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Smile

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS