BUG: Shopping cart shows remaining item in it even after I've checked out

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 18644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 22 2015 12:45 AM

I went to logos.com, clicked on 45% off Round 4, clicked on See All Deals.

That took me to discovering a great deal on an N.T. Wright book that I didn't know about and didn't own yet, Small Faith, Great God.

I clicked Add to Cart, then Next, then Place Order.

I got the confirmation that my purchase had gone through.

I then went back to the Logos Home Page and clicked 45% off Round 4 and See All Deals again. This time I edited the URL to remove &Product+Type_Logos+March+Madness=Round+4+Discounts so that it was just https://www.logos.com/products/search?Product+Type=Logos+March+Madness&unlocked=no 

I then clicked on the link to Everyone’s a Theologian: An Introduction to Systematic Theology.

It was at this point that I realized that my cart icon showed there was still something in the cart. That was bizarre, because I hadn't added anything more to my cart since checking out. I refreshed the browser and the icon was still showing something in my cart.

I'd seen this bug before but had never recorded the screen showing it. I suspected this might be that same bug again, so I started Camtasia recording a screencast at that point. Here it is:

http://www.screencast.com/t/wa2OMggGQ 

While the screencast is recording, I refresh the browser again, and click on the cart icon to see what it is that's supposedly in my cart, but it has disappeared, and there's a message saying something that I already own had been removed from the cart. I have no idea what this item was, but I suspect it might have been the item I just purchased, that was somehow (due to incorrect cookie handling?) left in my cart. As soon as I went to look at the cart, that item is removed. Once it is removed, it is really gone.

In order to try to reproduce this yet again, I'd have to buy another item, which I don't want to do right now. But if you can't repro and want me to try it one more time, give me enough credit to buy something and I will try to repro while recording the screen.

Posts 6479
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 22 2015 4:45 AM

Confirmed not using March Madness.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 957
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 22 2015 5:24 AM

I've been getting this as well (and my purchases weren't related to MM).

Posts 295
LogosEmployee
Toby Steele (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 23 2015 9:12 AM

Thanks for the report. We have a case open for this. I've appended a link to this forum thread to the case.

Posts 18644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 23 2015 4:34 PM

Thanks, Toby. Glad to know you're aware of it already. It's not that serious, but is mildly annoying, and evidently affects multiple users, so I hope it can be fixed with the next round of fixes to the website.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS