Serial Resource Associations are STILL NEEDED

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 362
Wyn Laidig | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 22 2010 4:33 AM | Locked

There have been numerous posts about the need for user-defined SRA, but unfortunately it seems like the Logos team is satisfied that the linking capability of Logos 4 is an adequate replacement for Serial Associations.   This was such a valuable feature of V3.

Linking just doesn't cut it.  The problem is that if you have a lot of linked resources for the OT / Hebrew passage you are studying, and then you accidently click on the Greek Bible tab (since you can't really tell which tab is which from the little icons when you have lots of resources open), it will change all your linked resources to whatever scripture was last looked at Greek. This is very frustrating.

Plus screen real estate is valuable.  I have so many resource tabs open as it is.  It would be so useful and straightforward to be able to assign SRAs.

In v3 I had specified SRA pairs for Hebrew OT & Greek NT,  OT & NT Interlinears, Tanakh and Jewish NT, and my favorite OT Commentary with the Jewish NT Commentary.   I just can't do anything close to this with v4.  Right now I have ended up having to make separate layouts for OT study and for NT study, but it realy limits my flexibility when jumping between testaments.  

Logos team, PLEASE reconsider and give us SRAs soon.

Posts 24482
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 23 2010 5:23 AM | Locked

Wyn Laidig:

As soon as PRA's become efficient!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 3644
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 23 2010 11:26 AM | Locked

Wyn Laidig:

Yes +1 (If I voted again, would it count twice? Big Smile)

Posts 3644
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 23 2010 11:27 AM | Locked

Dave Hooton:
As soon as PRA's become efficient!

Yes +1

Posts 301
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 23 2010 1:37 PM | Locked

I'll definitely 2nd this, and, both working PRA and SRA!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS