Own Logos 6.0 Windows - do I have to buy Mac version if I want it on Ipad Air 2?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1753
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 25 2015 6:15 PM

Hello,

I own the original Surface Pro (its ok but a dinosaur now and just use as my desktop - not often mobile as it overheats imho).

I have a Galaxy S 8.4 Android Tablet with Logos Android on it (which I may sell as it has way too many features and the Touchwiz is just too buggy lately).

....and now I am considering getting a Ipad Air 2 and favoring it for reading and offline work (my new fun machine I hope).

Here is my question:  Do I have to buy a separate Logos Mac version to put on the Ipad Air 2 (yes I know its resolution is not as good as the Galaxy S 8.4 but it probably runs easier) or does my Baptist Silver 6.0 run on any platform (or cross platform with one login please)???

Any advantages to running Logos on Ipad Air 2?

Is the Ipad Air 2 coming down in process for any special reason in your opinion or is it really the best tablet out there right now please?

Thanks for your honest assessment and opinions without bashing platforms (if possible).

Posts 28891
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 25 2015 6:44 PM

First - the software is always free across platforms. Secondly, L6 is a desktop application. The iPad is a mobLe device, and runs a moble application. L6 does NOT run on an iPad. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1753
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 26 2015 10:54 AM

Thanks....so if i buy an Ipad Air 2 and add it to my "stable" of devices - it may bless me, right?  Not much used to Mac and Ipad world...so appreciate any and all feedback...including where to buy the equipment the least expensive.  Do people like using the Mac app please?

Posts 23975
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 26 2015 11:00 AM

I find the iOS app to be very helpful and useful - I use it most days for reading, highlighting and basic study.

But you say you have an Android tablet. The functionality of the iOS app is similar to the Android one so you may be familiar with most of what it can do already

Posts 28891
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 26 2015 11:10 AM

JoshInRI:
Do people like using the Mac app please?

As I already told you, the iPad does not run the "Mac app." Graham's comment about the Android app is spot on. There are some differences between the Android and iOS apps, but they are very similar. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS