Footnote Assistance

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Father Rich Wilson | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 30 2015 2:18 PM

Two questions--related:  

1) Sometimes I copy Greek words from the Word Study feature and put them in my paper. No footnote automatically appears at the bottom as it does otherwise. How do I get a footnote for that?

2) When I paraphrase from a commentary, I of course want to cite the source. The way I'm doing it now is to copy a sentence to get the footnote posting, then erasing the sentence to keep the footnote. Is there a smarter way to do this? 

Thanks!

Rich 

Posts 9217
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 30 2015 3:05 PM

Welcome to the forums Richard. You can change how "copy" works in the settings. Go to "tools" then "program settings". See below

s

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 25587
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 30 2015 5:10 PM

Richard Charles Wilson:
2) When I paraphrase from a commentary, I of course want to cite the source. The way I'm doing it now is to copy a sentence to get the footnote posting, then erasing the sentence to keep the footnote. Is there a smarter way to do this? 

Use Documents >>  Bibliography  to pre-generate citations, but beware that only citations from the source article will correctly attribute the authors of journals and multi-volume works.

Richard Charles Wilson:
1) Sometimes I copy Greek words from the Word Study feature and put them in my paper. No footnote automatically appears at the bottom as it does otherwise. How do I get a footnote for that?

Can you illustrate where you expect footnotes from the Word Study?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3116
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 30 2015 6:52 PM

You can also copy a citation by going to the information tab of the resource.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS