Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2822
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 20 2015 9:17 PM

Logos certainly has the resources available to make a great Wesleyan / Methodist Base Package.  This is especially true with the New Interpreter's Bible Commentary and Dictionary now available as Logos resources.

But there one resource that Logos does not have that could be the crown jewel of such a package.  I refer to the Bicentennial Edition of Wesley's Works.  This is the first edition of Wesley's Works that can truly be thought of as scholarly, and its notes are by the best Wesleyan scholars in the world.  I hope that they will reach out to Abingdon Press and arrange to publish this great work.

I cannot imagine anyone interested in Wesleyan and Methodist resources who would not love to have this resource in Logos format.

I cannot wait to see what will be in a Wesleyan / Methodist Base Package.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 551
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 20 2015 10:06 PM

Yes

Posts 23
James Paton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 30 2015 5:23 AM

Yes!!!

Posts 66
James Chin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2015 8:59 PM

Thank you for voicing this; have been waiting for Wesleyan / Methodist base package.

Posts 18
Malcolm S Muir | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 14 2015 12:32 AM

Plus one from me!

Malcolm

Posts 2061
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 18 2015 9:51 PM

Yes for a BP.  Bump. BUMP!

Posts 3655
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 19 2015 1:56 AM

Yes

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 19 2015 2:16 AM

Yes please. +1Yes

Posts 6
P. R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 3 2015 2:01 PM

I would just love to see what they put in a Wesleyan/Methodist package at all!  :)

Posts 2822
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2015 10:00 AM

P. R. Miller:

I would just love to see what they put in a Wesleyan/Methodist package at all!  :)

Logos already has a lot of resources by noted Methodist scholars Ben 'Witherington and Tom Oden.  It shouldn't be hard to put a package together.

Since the United Methodists are the third largest denomination in the United States (after the Roman Catholics and the Southern Baptists), it totally baffles me why Logos does not pursue this market.

Especially since I are one.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 3655
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2015 5:24 PM

Michael Childs:
Since the United Methodists are the third largest denomination in the United States (after the Roman Catholics and the Southern Baptists), it totally baffles me why Logos does not pursue this market.

This does not include Wesleyans, Free Methodists, Nazarenes, Methodist Episcopal Church (and variations), and those of us serve independent ministries but belong firmly in the Wesleyan/Methodist camp.  

It is time to move forward.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 107
Brandon Rappuhn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2015 12:44 PM

Floyd Johnson:

It is time to move forward.

I agree so much. Methodist-Wesleyan base packages would be amazing.

Meanwhile, show your love for Methodist/Wesleyan/Nazarene products and help us ascertain how large our Wesleyan-Methodist demographic is. We'll continue to bring in Methodist-Wesleyan books and resources while we explore base package possibilities.

Here are some new products you can help show us how engaged and active our Methodist-Wesleyan audience is:

Thomas N. Ralston's The Elements of Divinity

Joel Green's works from Wipf & Stock

Some books by Stephen Fowl

Ben Witherington's The Living Legacy

If you missed H. Orton Wiley's Systematic, don't miss it--bid soon.

Also, the New Beacon Bible Commentary upgrade could really use some love.

And please, always continue sending in your book suggestions and requests. We're working on those that have already been suggested, but please keep sending in more suggestions.

Posts 777
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2015 2:07 PM

Thanks for the info, Brandon!

Posts 137
Jerome Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 14 2015 1:24 PM

I, too, would love to see a Wesleyan/Methodist Base Package in Logos. Some of the desirable titles either are or have been in Community Pricing, but I missed some early on. I note that the recent announcement of an Anglican base package includes Wesley's writings, but that really ought to be, in my estimation, in a Wesleyan Methodist base package. There is a set of about 40 volumes languishing in Community Pricing under the title something like Classic Works on Baptism--many of which would be of prime interest to those interested in a Wesleyan Base Package.

Posts 1
Robert | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2015 3:19 PM

In addition to the groups above, the Wesleyan Church and Church of God (Anderson, IN) would be apart of this package

Some additional Resources

A Bible Commentary in the Wesleyan Tradition (Which is already a Logos product)

ARMINIAN - books - some are already in Logos

The Wesleyan Theological Society  website: http://www.wtsweb.org 

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS