Passage Lists in Logos 5

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1
Steven Baker | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 21 2015 10:08 AM

There are two items mentioned here. The first is a glitch and the second is a recommended enhancement.

Glitch

• I've noticed that when in "Practice Mode - Progressive Order" the verses will jump randomly. For example I am trying to memorize Heb. 10:24-25. After running through 6 practice levels of Heb. 10:24 the program then moves to another verse in my Passage List but not Heb. 10:25.
  • I've also noticed that if I select "random order" then it will sometimes move progressively through the Passage List.
  • This glitch is present in both practice and test mode.

Enhancement

• Currently the Passage List will only let you practice one verse at a time. For example when memorizing Heb. 10:24-25 the program forces you to run through 24 six times and then verse 25 six times.
  • It would be an enhancement to have the ability to decide to go through the section like this or to practice them collectively.
  • This should be the same with the test mode as well.
Posts 813
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 21 2015 10:52 AM

Steven Baker:

• I've noticed that when in "Practice Mode - Progressive Order" the verses will jump randomly. For example I am trying to memorize Heb. 10:24-25After running through 6 practice levels of Heb. 10:24 the program then moves to another verse in my Passage List but not Heb. 10:25.
  • I've also noticed that if I select "random order" then it will sometimes move progressively through the Passage List.
  • This glitch is present in both practice and test mode.

Hi, Steven. "Progressive Order" is based on the Leitner spaced-repetition algorithm < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leitner_system  > which chooses the next card based on how well you've learned it. Verses you've learned are drilled less often than verses you haven't learned. We don't currently have a drilling method that practices the cards in order, sorry.

Steven Baker:

• Currently the Passage List will only let you practice one verse at a time. For example when memorizing Heb. 10:24-25 the program forces you to run through 24 six times and then verse 25 six times.
  • It would be an enhancement to have the ability to decide to go through the section like this or to practice them collectively.
  • This should be the same with the test mode as well.

Good suggestion.

We'll keep these both in mind when we update this tool next.

Posts 26393
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 25 2015 3:10 AM

Steven Baker:
Enhancement

Please note that you will have to update (free) or upgrade to Logos 6 to see any enhancements (or fixes).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS