Scholar's to Platinum Upgrade

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 87
Ray D | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 25 2010 10:15 AM

A few weeks back, I took advantage of the awesome upgrade prices offered by Logos and upgraded from Scholar's to Platinum. I can't stand it any longer - I just have to shout.... WOOHOO!

Talk about the best investment I ever made. Just had to tell someone. Love the V4 interface as well and can't wait for the promised functionality in future releases. Just gets better from here! Thanks Logos!

Posts 1531
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 10:23 AM

Ray D:
Talk about the best investment I ever made. Just had to tell someone. Love the V4 interface as well and can't wait for the promised functionality in future releases.

I know what you mean (I upgraded to gold). I was sitting there this morning doing a bible study and the interface has really blended into the background allowing me to concentrate more fully on the text that I was studying. It just seemed like second nature to be calling up multiple BWS and searching the lexicons, then bouncing over to the text comparison tab to be able to view the section across multiple translations. 

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 10:24 AM

That's absolutely wonderful! There are times when we forget how  awesome this software is because of the technical challenges some experience, at times. In the beginning, I considered even going back to Logos 3, but now I'm so use to all of my wonderful resources in Platinum until I'm toying with the idea of upgrading to Portfolio.

I truly love Logos because they made having instant access to a ton of resources, in the comfort of my own home, available which has impacted me in major ways. I second the, Thanks Logos! 

iMac 27 inch, 3.1 GHz Core i5, 1T HD, 4 GB RAM

Posts 2967
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 1:39 PM

Ray D:
I just have to shout.... WOOHOO!

Yes +1

The Grace & Peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you!
Pastor Bill, Faith Presbyterian Church

W8.1 64bit, Office 2010
i7, 2.40GHz, 1Gb graphics, 8Gb RAM, 7200rpm 750Gb-32Gb hybrid disk
HTC Incredible 2, Droid 2.3.4

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 2:13 PM

I agree my jump was Libronix 3 Gold to Logos 4 Platinum and I have never come even close to the value in resources for such a small amount.  For me the upgrade was about 400.00 and I got around 400 new resources, but even more improtant was the quality of those resources.  I still can hardly believe this is true!

I also went back and have placed all those new resources in my Libronix 3, since I still use it for taking notes and for a few other things that Logos 4 does not have yet!  All the new resources have improved my pool of knowledge to draw from and has changed my ablitiy to do better research.

I find myself thanking God off and on for Logos 4 through the day, what a tool!

In Christ,

Jim

Posts 5337
Forum MVP
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 2:44 PM

I too am loving the jump from gold to platinum. The extra resources have been a really neat addition.

Posts 147
Scott H. Clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 3:13 PM

I must add my own hearty "WOOHOO" to this thread, having made the jump from Purple L3 to Platinum L4 with the TJL vols.1-10 added on.  Thanks, Logos!!! 

Posts 15
J. T. Shortt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 8:37 PM

Count me in the crowd. Was an investment going from Gold 3 to Platinum 4. To be honest I don't believe I have scratched the surface of the potential that is in this program. I look forward to learning and growing in the Word with the tools of Logos.

J.T.

Phoenix AZ

Posts 4
Daniel Thomas Reese | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 1 2010 11:54 AM

considering the same upgrade.  what do you like best about the upgrade?

Posts 88
Nancy A. Almodovar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 1 2010 12:05 PM

what do I love about this upgrade??? Easy.

More books.

nancy

Posts 1600
Forum MVP
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 1 2010 1:07 PM

My upgrade from L3 Gold via L4 Gold and on to L4 Platinum was money well spent. Big Smile

iMac 21.5" • 3.06 GHz • 12GB RAM • Mavericks 10.9.2 • 1 TB HDD

MacBook Air 13.3" • 1.8 GHz • 4 GB RAM • Mavericks 10.9.2 • 256 GB SSD

iPad 64GB WiFi

iPhone 5s 32 GB

Posts 320
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 1 2010 1:43 PM

Daniel Thomas Reese:

Daniel I just made the jump from Scholar's to Platinum a couple of weeks ago and have been very pleased with it. It is highly recommended to go to this level if you plan to use the software to any degree. The best thing I liked about it is that you pick up a nice variety of commentary sets, which, purchased on their own, simply would not be feasible. 

Posts 330
Ken S | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 1 2010 1:48 PM

I have been upgrading since my first base package of the L3 Pastor's Library (Probably similar to the L4 Leader's Library).  Went from Pastor > Scholars>Scholar's Gold (bypassed Silver because of the great upgrade price and books I wanted)>then to L4 Gold>L4 Platinum...

Package upgrades are a great value per resource. My criteria is looking at resources I want and the cost to by them individually or in a group - Talk to Jared Bryant in sales - because buying a number of resources at the same time can get you a better price from a sales rep like Jared, then comparing the cost of th upgrade.

I have found frequently if I am looking at 4 or 5 resources (that are in a base package) the cost of individual purchases is more than the upgrade. One of the big choices on Platinum was BDAG, which had been on my wish list, but couldn't justify the inidividual cost. Upgrading to Platinum got me BDAG, several Ironside Commentaries, plus several Biblical Study resources. All-in-all I have been very statisfied.

In Christ,

Ken

Dell Studio 1555; 15.6" True Life LCD; Intel® Core 2 Duo T6600 @ 2.20 GHz, 2M Cache, 800 MHz FSB ; 500GB 5400 HDD; 4GB RAM, Win 7,IE8

http://wiki.logos.com/

Posts 5337
Forum MVP
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 1 2010 1:48 PM

Daniel Thomas Reese:

Daniel,

Welcome to the forums!

I find that when I moved from Gold to Platinum it rounded out the library in very helpful ways. I find that I am able to use Logos for more things that I used to. Part of this is the new interface, it's a lot more intuitive to me, but most of it is the extra resources.

Posts 2967
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 1 2010 3:34 PM

Alan Macgregor:

My upgrade from L3 Gold ... to L4 Platinum was money well spent. Big Smile

Yes +1

W8.1 64bit, Office 2010

Posts 2967
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 1 2010 3:35 PM

Kevin Becker:
rounded out the library in very helpful ways.

Same here.

W8.1 64bit, Office 2010

Posts 527
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 1 2010 3:58 PM

I'm still debating on upgrading from Leaders 4 to Silver, but multiple prices and then happening across a new package offered by the competition for 59 dollars which includes some big ticket items like K&D Commentaries, Pulpit, Calvin Commentaries, ISBE, Thompson Chain and a few more plus Barnes notes....

I'm really torn because I do not want a 2nd program to add some of these from the Silver to my library, but with the very limited budget of a 1 income 6 family member home it's tough to drop over 300 dollars more just for the sake of buying Logos....

Posts 61
Thomas Wooded | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 2 2010 8:57 PM

A few weeks ago, I upgraded from Scholar's to Gold and I concur... WOOHOO!

MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo & 4GB RAM
MacOS 10.6.6 and Windows 7 Pro

Posts 1116
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 2:51 AM

Just made the jump from Scholar's to Platinum also.

Currently downloading.

Can relate to your excitement, even if I am a bit late to the party. :-)

Posts 965
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 5:28 AM

Allen Browne:

Just made the jump from Scholar's to Platinum also.

Currently downloading.

Can relate to your excitement, even if I am a bit late to the party. :-)

Great stuff in the Platinum pkg

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS