Does Logos 6 Come With Outdated Version of the ESV?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 11
Steve Fuller | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 27 2015 4:28 AM

Preached on Phil 2:5-11 last weekend.  Was surprised to discover the the ESV that came with Logos 6 seems to be an older version, since I believe the newer version reads "emptied himself," while the version in Logos 6 reads "made himself nothing."

Or maybe I am missing something ... 

Posts 456
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 27 2015 4:39 AM

I just checked mine and it was "emptied himself." I also looked at the book information and it indicated that it was the 2011 text.

Posts 27270
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 27 2015 4:45 AM

Can you verify your resource info for the ESV?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 4744
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 27 2015 4:51 AM

ESV was highly over-rated out of the box.

Posts 9850
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 27 2015 4:57 AM

Steve Fuller:

Preached on Phil 2:5-11 last weekend.  Was surprised to discover the the ESV that came with Logos 6 seems to be an older version, since I believe the newer version reads "emptied himself," while the version in Logos 6 reads "made himself nothing."

The newer version reads "emptied himself" - see this thread for a list of changes - and the ESV in Logos 6 reads exactly this:

6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.

LLS:1.0.710

2015-02-03T19:45:56Z
ESV.logos4

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 277
Ergatees | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 27 2015 5:01 AM
David Paul:

ESV was highly over-rated out of the box.

Wow, I'm happy I kept the original box for my leather-bound ESV. I do prefer the NKJV, but find the others useful. Ergatees
Posts 27270
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 27 2015 7:42 AM

Steve Fuller:

It sounds like your ESV hasn't been updated. What version of Logos are you running? Have you tried the command update resources ?

NOTE: Logos changed the ESV a long time ago, so something is amiss with your installation. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS