Logos Needs to close and crashes when trying to print a handout

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 327
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 25 2010 8:24 PM

I've tried printing a handout when in Passage Guide, maybe I'm not doing it right? I get to where it's front and center, and and to the right of the reference/keywords is the word "Print" which I click on with the mouse, 5 times now it crashes.

Windows 7 gives me the following detailsConfused

Description:

Stopped working

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\WER14AD.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\WER29B4.tmp.mdmp

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Posts 327
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 8:45 PM

Ok, so I started Logos up again, this is with my new HP i7 using Windows 7, and selected another passage and it's working. So what was that all about?? Did someone else have a similar encounter??

Posts 25282
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 11:29 PM

We need to see some logs. Enable logging as per http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging and if it happens again upload the logos4.log as per Uploading Logs 

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 327
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 3:42 PM

Is this suppose to be like this, having multiple handouts basically all the same? It looks odd, but at least today I'm not having any printing issues (there a total of 6). Other then this, I'm having a wonderful time running Logos4 on my new i7.

Posts 25282
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 5:23 AM

The last comment I heard was that Handout's are a work-in-progress. Perhaps other users will offer their experience.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 6:31 AM

I've not heard anything about handouts for awhile - which explains my lack of rants... Wink

Ralph,

I'm glad you were able to make it print finally, you must have discovered a rare bug.   There were printing issues before which appear to have been largely fixed.  If you do manage to replicate the crash, do please post a detailed Bug Report.

As for getting rid of the six nearly identical handouts.... click Files, find the extra handouts and one by one you can RIGHT click and DELETE them.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 9:11 AM

So far for me, handouts look nice on the screen but will NOT print on any of my printers (directly attached or networked, HP Laserjet, Photosmart or OfficeJet).

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 9:22 AM

David,

If you're having problems with printers please post the printer models and an explanation under a new thread so that  the programmers can fix the bug.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 9:27 AM

Will do.

Posts 327
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2010 2:35 PM

Thomas Black:
As for getting rid of the six nearly identical handouts.... click Files, find the extra handouts and one by one you can RIGHT click and DELETE them

Thanks Thomas, I didn't think of that, all better now. So this must mean that anytime in the future I try and select that same passage, it will add another handout... sure enough it did.. maybe I should have selected a different passage Surprise

I'll have to play with this some, I've not had the same thing happen except with this particular passage and verse (James 1:14). The Print quality was very nice, even on the old printer I still use... had to upgrade it with a USB cable, no such critter as that BIG old version cable they use to have.Big Smile

Posts 57
Jim Carlile | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2010 4:46 PM

I am having the same problem. The strange thing is this problem has just started fairly recently. It seems that the problem came with a recent upgrade !?

I have used the handouts many times before, edited and printed them with no problems. But now when I hit print I get the "LOGOS needs to close, etc" message. I called support and they said they are working on the problem. They suggested bringing up the individual items (Bible passage, People, Places, etc) and printing them from there. That's what I'm doing now.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS