[resolved] HANG: Logos 6 for mac

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 16
Sungil Hong | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 9 2015 8:46 AM

This is a strange and annoying (for the mind filled with grace) bug, please fix it soon.

I have a macbook pro retina 13, and use Logos 6.

Try this and you will find what the problem is.

I even uninstalled everything (first time, app only, second time, with all data... since I upgraded from logos 4, folder name Logos4 of application support removed...) and reinstall, but still persists.

1. search a passage like Matt 11:1 by typing it in the search box and enter in passage guide.

2. wait and select a commentary, and read it with scrolling.

3. switch active program to anything else, like chrome or word...

4. switch back to Logos 6, and click the search box of the passage guide and hit 'delete' key... now, Logos 6 is hang... no response (text is not deleted at all with 'delete' key, it doesn't show any difference.. )

5. if I click in the middle of the text in the search box, then this 'hang' mode is released, but very inconvinient. If I don't do this and switch back to another program, then the logos 6 won't show even I switch again back to logos and won't quit even I chose quit by right click on logos 6 icon in the dock or even in activity monitor...

Sungil

Posts 28700
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 9 2015 9:35 AM

You should enable and post logs. See the mac logs link in my signature line below.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 16
Sungil Hong | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 9 2015 10:04 AM

here it is.

Please let me know about anything you find or fix.

You may write in detail since I have been java developers for many years.

4130.LogosLogs.sungil.20150509-130216.zip

Posts 16
Sungil Hong | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 9 2015 10:06 AM

In creating this log for you, logos6 is again freezed; the alt + tab won't work... (when I do alt + tab, there is logos 6 icon, but even I select it, nothing changes... even the word next to the apple logo in the menu bar is still chrome...

Posts 26020
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 9 2015 11:38 PM

Sungil Hong:

here it is.

Please let me know about anything you find or fix.

In cases like this we need a Sample, as per Step 3.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 16
Sungil Hong | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 10 2015 5:44 AM

It was easy to make, but difficult to take care of the rest (dealing with the hanged program... kill it... even with activity monitor...)

I paid a lot for this program, so hopefully you can solve it soon!

6787.LogosLogs.sungil.20150510-084244.zip

Posts 26020
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 10 2015 6:54 PM

If Faithlife do not respond soon (in this thread) then email your logs to support@logos.com with a reference to this thread

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 16
Sungil Hong | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 10 2015 10:21 PM

I did... strange that no one shows gratefulness... or apology... as though it is a problem that I created... don't hate me...

Posts 28700
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 10 2015 10:49 PM

Sungil Hong:
strange that no one shows gratefulness... or apology... as though it is a problem that I created... don't hate me...

For clarification: We do not work for Logos / Faithlife, but are fellow Logos users like yourself. The Logs are beyond my ability to assess. Hopefully someone will be able to help you out soon.

Posts 16
Sungil Hong | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 11 2015 6:50 AM

So then, no official person looks at this forum? and no one can see the logs? what's the point of posting logs here?

Posts 28700
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 11 2015 7:11 AM

Sungil Hong:
So then, no official person looks at this forum?

The forums are largely looked at by forum members like us. Faithlife does have employees check the forums from time to time, but if you need "official" support, you need to contact them by phone or Skype.

Sungil Hong:
no one can see the logs? what's the point of posting logs here?

I can see the logs, but my technical capabilities are limited. Some issues I am able to assess, others I am unable to assess. In any case, it is good to have users post logs so that when someone more knowledgable comes along, the logs are waiting for them. It makes things quicker for you and them.

I have contacted Faithlife about this issue, but I don't know when they might respond. 

For what it's worth: I have not heard of these symptoms and I am unable to reproduce your issue. I am running beta (6.3 Beta 5), so if there is a bug, it might be fixed in the new release... or it may be that the issue is unique to your installation.

A technical question (about which I have no understanding): Are you running VPN? If so, which one? (I have no idea what that means, but I know a couple of users running windows [not mac] with issues related to VPN). 

Posts 30151
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 11 2015 10:59 AM

Sungil Hong:

So then, no official person looks at this forum? and no one can see the logs? what's the point of posting logs here?

Many times the logs show the information forum volunteers need to solve your problem - which gives you access around the clock to some expertise. When we cannot solve your problem we can bring your problem to the attention of Faithlife employees who may respond here or by personal contact, usually during standard working hours. Faithlife employees make far more appearances on the forums than is common in software forums but they do read selectively on a time available basis. But, you can contact Faithlife technical services within working hours and know that your technical issue is taken care of. For training/usage issues they will refer you back to the forums.

The point of posting here is to give you a choice - post here and see if it is within the competency of volunteers or wait for technical support during office hours. Unfortunately for you, the forums have far more people comfortable with PCs than with Macs.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 16
Sungil Hong | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 11 2015 1:23 PM

Thank you all for your volunteering work!

Well, I use a macbook pro 13 retina 2014, and I think I didn't have this when I used thinkpad T410.

So, no one can reproduce my problem even with mac? (Yosemite, 10.10.3)

Posts 28700
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 11 2015 1:58 PM

Sungil Hong:
So, no one can reproduce my problem even with mac? (Yosemite, 10.10.3)

I am on a MacBook Pro from 2010  (non-retina). I am unable to reproduce. Sorry! Tongue Tied

Posts 3180
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 12 2015 2:22 PM

Sungil Hong:

1. search a passage like Matt 11:1 by typing it in the search box and enter in passage guide.

2. wait and select a commentary, and read it with scrolling.

3. switch active program to anything else, like chrome or word...

4. switch back to Logos 6, and click the search box of the passage guide and hit 'delete' key... now, Logos 6 is hang... no response (text is not deleted at all with 'delete' key, it doesn't show any difference.. )

Hi Sungil,

I'm sorry for the trouble. Can you replicate the behavior with Jing recording the process, and when it hangs click the "Sample" button on the Logos Logging Utility? That will create a sample of the process that gives us more information about the behavior. Post the logs and a link to the screencap. The video will make it easier for me to attempt to replicate the behavior.

Posts 16
Sungil Hong | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 12 2015 4:50 PM

I sent email, but here, too!

Jing video link is http://screencast.com/t/KvpI7v3IIcRu

and sample or logs are all in this thread... 

Sungil

Posts 3180
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 14 2015 9:53 AM

Sungil Hong:
and sample or logs are all in this thread... 

Sorry. I didn't see the sample log when I first looked. I'm going to have development look at your logs and screencap. 

Posts 16
Sungil Hong | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 14 2015 3:05 PM

Please fix this minor bug soon and let me know when fixed. 

Sungil

Posts 16
Sungil Hong | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 10:34 PM

Today, I got the new update, and now it seems that this bug is no longer 'available', which is good!

Thanks a lot, it took some of my time, but you heard me!

Sungil

Posts 16
Sungil Hong | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2015 8:43 AM

I also found that at least three other people had the same problem... according to the Logos 6.3 update release notes.

The new version seems very stable!

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS