A12 Feature Request/Bug: Enable Double Arrows on Scrollbar

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 56
RichB | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 26 2010 6:22 AM

This is probably a bug more than a feature request. :) However, in trying to keep this program as Mac-like as possible, I'm posting this report.

I've enabled by default both top AND bottom arrows for all my scrollbars system-wide. (see first screenshot)

However, A12 (and previous versions) do not display the second arrow. BUT, if I click on the appropriate area, it still functions properly. Hence, this is a quasi-bug that hopefully will be a simple GUI change.

Keep up all the good work on the alpha versions! It's getting more and more fun to use Logos 4.

Rich

Posts 2778
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 9:40 AM

RichB:
I've enabled by default both top AND bottom arrows for all my scrollbars system-wide.
I checked in my preferences, but don't see an option for that in Snow Leopard.  Where did you make that setting?

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 490
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 9:45 AM

I don't see that preference either, so I'm not certain it's a mac standard. I'm sure there are 3rd party hacks that will do this. I note that Pages and Keynote have them only on the bottom of the scrollbar. Truth be told, I don't ever even use a scrollbar anymore. On my MacBook Pro, I use two fingers on the trackpad; when I use a mouse, I use the scrollwheel.

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com 
youtube.com/user/rfmansfield
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Posts 698
LogosEmployee

Joe Miller:
but don't see an option for that in Snow Leopard.

It's a hidden setting that can be set with a "defaults write" and/or a tool called TinkerTool that allows you to set hidden prefs like this one.

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 10645
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 10:01 AM

Joe Miller:
]I checked in my preferences, but don't see an option for that in Snow Leopard.  Where did you make that setting?

In Leopard, Appearance the second section contains options for scroll arrows.

Posts 2778
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 10:03 AM

R. Mansfield:
use two fingers on the trackpad;
me too.

Posts 10645
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 10:04 AM

Cameron Watters:
t's a hidden setting that can be set with a "defaults write" and/or a tool called TinkerTool that allows you to set hidden prefs like this one.

Doesn't the option "Place Scroll Arrows Together" accomplish the same thing? It is possible that I set this in TinkerTool and thought I had done in with System Preferences. 

Posts 2778
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 10:05 AM

Cameron Watters:
It's a hidden setting that can be set with a "defaults write" and/or a tool called TinkerTool that allows you to set hidden prefs like this one.
Ah, that explains it then.  Thanks.  I prefer not to "tinker"... I left that to my PC days. :-)

Posts 2778
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 10:07 AM

Jack Caviness:

Joe Miller:
]I checked in my preferences, but don't see an option for that in Snow Leopard.  Where did you make that setting?

In Leopard, Appearance the second section contains options for scroll arrows.

Same in Snow L., but you will notice that these standard options do not create the arrows as Rich has shown.

Posts 10645
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 10:19 AM

Joe Miller:
Same in Snow L., but you will notice that these standard options do not create the arrows as Rich has shown.

As I told Cameron, perhaps I set it in TinkerTool. The main reason I tinker is that it allows me to set the Dock exactly where I want it (bottom left on the left monitor).

Posts 698
LogosEmployee
Cameron Watters (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 10:26 AM

Jack Caviness:
he main reason I tinker is that it allows me to set the Dock exactly where I want it

I use TinkerTool as well to force the dock to my preferred position (left side, start/top).

The dual arrows at top/bottom is a hidden setting. If you use the preferences setting "At top and bottom" it will place a single arrow at the top and a single arrow at the bottom.

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS