Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 15
Jeff Carnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 11 2015 6:18 AM

the order of service jumps around in edit mode while preservice loop is running. this is a real hassel when trying to make service changes. this did not happen before last update. i know this because we always have changes right before service starts. the problem with the slow or hanging on slide transitions still happens no matter how many monitors i have connected. i am currently using a switcher to select what monitor is used. it is still doing it with only the projector being selected.

Thanks Jeff Carnes

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 12 2015 10:47 AM

I am not able to reproduce this. What OS and OS version are you running when this occurs?

My Workflow is as follows:

1. Open presentation
  2. Go On-Air
  3. Navigate to the pre-service loop
  4. Open edit view
  5. Start making changes

At this point, I can make changes without the focus changing in the edit view. Am I missing anything?

Posts 15
Jeff Carnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 13 2015 7:48 AM

i am running windows 7 64 bit it does the same thing on my windows pro workstation at work.

if you are moving down the list while you are on the air and running preservice loop and the slide times out to transtition to another slide in preview or edit mode if you dont select a slide to change it jumps back to either the begining or to what the yellow bar on the left side shows in the edit mode.

i left you a voice message and also left word with tech support to tell you this when the server was down yesterday did you get the message or voice mail?

Thanks Jeff carnes

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 13 2015 9:00 AM

Hello Jeff, 

Jeff Carnes:
if you are moving down the list while you are on the air and running preservice loop and the slide times out to transtition to another slide in preview or edit mode if you dont select a slide to change it jumps back to either the begining or to what the yellow bar on the left side shows in the edit mode.

We did make changes in the last update to keep the current item in view in the Order of Service. This code should only execute when in the On Air + Preview view. If you're in the On Air + Edit view we try to leave the Order of Service alone. I have just ran through a few tests and found it to be behaving as expected. If you could use a tool like Jing to provide a quick screencast of the issue that will help us identify what is unique with your case. 

Jeff Carnes:
the problem with the slow or hanging on slide transitions still happens no matter how many monitors i have connected. i am currently using a switcher to select what monitor is used. it is still doing it with only the projector being selected.

My concern is the delay is caused by the splitter itself, whether or not it's configured for multiple outputs. Have you tried bypassing the splitter? Do you experience the same delay on your work machine?

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 13 2015 9:27 AM

Scott Alexander (Logos):

Jeff Carnes:

We did make changes in the last update to keep the current item in view in the Order of Service. This code should only execute when in the On Air + Preview view. If you're in the On Air + Edit view we try to leave the Order of Service alone. I have just ran through a few tests and found it to be behaving as expected. If you could use a tool like Jing to provide a quick screencast of the issue that will help us identify what is unique with your case.

I believe we found the issue. It looks like when you're in On Air + Edit mode the current edit item (yellow bar) will be scrolled into view whenever an automatic pre-service loop navigation occurs. The scenario I was focused on testing was preventing the Order of Service from scrolling while editing an item beneath the pre-service loop, in which case it would already be in view so no scroll occurs. Thanks for the report, we'll get this fixed for the upcoming release. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS