Do you want every ebook in the world in Logos?

Page 20 of 20 (395 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20
This post has 394 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 27805
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 14 2015 4:23 AM

Kent:

Just wandering where we're at Bob.

He said he had enough input to know how to proceed.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2925
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 24 2015 10:37 PM

Mark Barnes:

I would be quite supportive of a secular version of Vyrso.com, with three provisos:

• Entirely separate branding.
  • It makes a net contribution to Faithlife.
  • Your contracts allow us to send these books to Kindle.

Like most people on here I read secular books. I would prefer them in Logos format, even if all I do is send them to Kindle.

Agreed. And the more I've thought about this the better idea I think it would be if you could pull it off. 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 2857
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 25 2015 7:10 AM

Jacob Hantla:
Like most people on here I read secular books. I would prefer them in Logos format, even if all I do is send them to Kindle.

Have you tried, on a book you've sent to Kindle and highlighted, to find your highlights on Amazon.com?

[Edit: That didn't attribute correctly, but it wasn't on purpose.]

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 354
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 26 2015 9:07 PM

NO!
Logos as far as I understood it was a BIBLE software and program.
I get it, some want dracula, and beowulf and and and. I want a BIBLE research and study program. That's me.
I'll admit and concede, you can't please everyone. I'll also concede, you do a relatively decent job trying to-- esp. since it is impossible to do so. But, I will go back to what I always have told you: Please God, then let the chips fall where they will. Unfortunately, no matter what you do, someone will always be your "judge". Admittedly, without intending to, I probably am first in line. Sorry, while that is not my intention, I'm sure that is what ultimately happens. It's true, many things you do, I am not comfortable with; but, at the same time, as I have always told you, I do not have to answer for what you do. And, I do not own, run, or manage the company. 
I do think, however, that it is cool you do always try to please everyone-- or, at the very least, listen to what everyone has to say. The latter is really cool; the former probably keeps you awake every night wondering if you did the right thing. So, for whatever it's worth, my feeling is no, not what I am looking for. To me, the search also just bogs down everything. If I'm looking for the latest commentary on Community Pricing, and I have to flip through even half a page of Frankenstein, Beowulf's, or now as you suggest, Amazon e-books, I'm going to quit looking, because if I wanted those, I'd go to Amazon.Would it be cool to see "ties" from the Bible in Star Wars? Perhaps. But, I have hard enough time dealing with REAL searches, and then to get unnecessary search results would send me packing to Bible Works. 
Just one more opinion.But, as always, don't take my opinion; make sure it's God's direction, whatever you do-- it's his company.

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2015 12:43 AM

I would like to see some more books in Logos format, especially academic resources such as Turabian's manual, etc. I'd rather have those resources in Logos format vs Kindle, iBooks, etc. 

However, I don't need "every" book in Logos format, to the point where Logos would totally divulge from the core customer base it serves.

I'd just shoot for balance. Find the resources we could use in Logos format that would enhance our studies (Britannica is a good one, Turabian manual, etc.) without totally going off the core customer base you serve.

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 785
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2015 8:53 AM

Shopping at Logos is like shopping at a Christian book store. there is comfort in knowing there won't be any blatantly anti-Christian books there. I would open another site--like Vyrso but for secular trade books. I'd like to have access to those books, but would prefer they were on a separate sit so i Know what I am looking at. 

I have thought for a long time that one weakness of kindle is the inability to do searches across books. If I could buy any book in the logos format, I probably would do so instead of buying kindle books. 

Posts 3065
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2015 5:50 PM

Josh Hunt:

Shopping at Logos is like shopping at a Christian book store. there is comfort in knowing there won't be any blatantly anti-Christian books there. I would open another site--like Vyrso but for secular trade books. I'd like to have access to those books, but would prefer they were on a separate sit so i Know what I am looking at. 

I have thought for a long time that one weakness of kindle is the inability to do searches across books. If I could buy any book in the logos format, I probably would do so instead of buying kindle books. 

The new Kindle's actually can search across your books in "everywhere" search.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 27805
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2015 6:02 PM

David Taylor Jr:
The new Kindle's actually can search across your books in "everywhere" search.

Which device(s)? Do you mean all resources, or only downloaded ones?

Posts 13369
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2015 12:32 AM

alabama24:
Which device(s)? Do you mean all resources, or only downloaded ones?

Downloaded resources only. This facility has been on Kindle devices for many years, so at the very least it's MOST Kindle devices.

Posts 176
Al Het | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2015 4:45 PM

Doc B:
Have you tried, on a book you've sent to Kindle and highlighted, to find your highlights on Amazon.com?

So far, I haven't found any way to import books or other documents (including sending from Logos), and have highlights and notes taken be available on Amazon.com (kindle.com).  It is too bad, because this is a hugely useful feature for books purchased through Amazon.

Posts 523
Fasil | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2015 6:40 PM

I would be happy if we could easily send kindle books to Logos app or software.

Posts 27805
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2015 7:49 PM

Fasil:

I would be happy if we could easily send kindle books to Logos app or software.

Amazon's terms of use would prevent that.

Posts 3
Michael C. Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 1 2015 10:15 AM

Sean,

How did you get your kindle books into logos?

Posts 3
Michael C. Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 1 2015 10:17 AM

Sean, 

How did you get your kindle books to transfer over to logos?

Posts 27805
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 1 2015 10:28 AM

Michael C. Brown:
How did you get your kindle books to transfer over to logos?

You can't get them to "transfer over." On the other hand, ANY resource which you can convert to a Microsoft Word Document (.docx file), you can import using the personal book builder tool.

Page 20 of 20 (395 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 | RSS