Logos 6.4 Beta 1 (6.4.0.0006) now available

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 27 2015 11:02 AM

6.4 Beta 1 (6.4.0.0006) is available for testing.

To update to Beta 1, enter the Update Now command if you’ve switched to the beta channel before, or enter the Set Update Channel to Beta command if you’re on a stable version (such as 6.3 SR-1). To install Beta 1 from scratch, see the notes and download links on this thread.

Release Notes

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2015 11:20 AM

No more gestures! Yes

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 6710
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2015 11:33 AM

Dylan, any reason for removing gestures?

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 6710
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2015 11:36 AM

Deleted.

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2015 11:44 AM

Lynden Williams:

In the past there had been a lot of clamoring for them to be removed, and as touch devices become more prevalent it was becoming easier to accidentally trigger unwanted gesture commands. For example, trying to right-click with a Surface pen button can easily swipe right a bit and accidentally close a tab.

Posts 3295
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2015 11:53 AM

Thanks for the Systematic Theology section- good job there keep it up- very, very practical good execution. This type of functionality is what was needed for passage guide- a stand alone version of it would have been great, and still would be appreciated, with subject search.

Posts 6710
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2015 11:57 AM

Dylan Rondeau:

Lynden Williams:

In the past there had been a lot of clamoring for them to be removed, and as touch devices become more prevalent it was becoming easier to accidentally trigger unwanted gesture commands. For example, trying to right-click with a Surface pen button can easily swipe right a bit and accidentally close a tab.

Why not put them back and leave off by default. The user would have to turn them on via program settings. I hardly used them (often forgot that they exist) but would be good to have them.

Posts 635
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2015 12:20 PM

Lynden Williams:

Why not put them back and leave off by default. The user would have to turn them on via program settings. I hardly used them (often forgot that they exist) but would be good to have them.

I agree with Lynden. I use gestures very frequently and will be quite disappointed to see them go. Seems like giving the option to turn them off or on in the settings would be the best solution if possible from a programming standpoint.

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2015 1:08 PM

Ryan B:

Lynden Williams:

I agree with Lynden. I use gestures very frequently and will be quite disappointed to see them go. Seems like giving the option to turn them off or on in the settings would be the best solution if possible from a programming standpoint.

That would seem fair.

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 1884
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2015 3:34 PM

Loving the new "Resource specific notes file" option in the highlight palettes. Works perfectly so far. All I have to do is rename my present, self-made "resource specific" notes files to match Logos' automatic naming convention, and it uses my old highlighting note files without any loss.

However, i noticed this feature was absent from the release notes—an oversight?

I am happy that the gestures are gone—I was forever accidentally closing resources!

So far pleased with this beta. Smile

Posts 1884
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2015 4:08 PM

I am also happy with the "Word" text selection (versus Smart Selection). It seems thus far to be a good compromise.

Posts 26516
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2015 4:36 PM

Integ:

I am also happy with the "Word" text selection (versus Smart Selection). It seems thus far to be a good compromise.

My default is "Character"!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 29252
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2015 5:57 PM

Dave Hooton:

Integ:

We have never doubted your integrity. Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 26516
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2015 6:13 PM

Smart..Big Smile

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2015 10:02 PM

Integ:
However, i noticed this feature was absent from the release notes—an oversight?

Yes, definitely an oversight. Thanks for the reminder! I'll add that tomorrow morning.

Dave Hooton:

If you had set Smart Selection to No, I don't believe we changed that (though now it's named Character). I believe Word is the new default for users who haven't changed it, but I'll have to double-check.

Posts 26516
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 28 2015 12:19 AM

Dylan Rondeau:
If you had set Smart Selection to No, I don't believe we changed that (though now it's named Character). I believe Word is the new default for users who haven't changed it, but I'll have to double-check.

My previous was "No" so it makes sense even though I changed it to "Word"!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 520
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 28 2015 12:45 AM

Ryan B:

Lynden Williams:

Yes Please make it an option. I also use gestures frequently

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 28 2015 1:55 PM

Dang it, still no fix on the bibliographies.

Posts 19
R. H. Bellavance | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2015 9:12 AM
Is there a way I can download Logos 6.4 Beta 1 directly to my computer. I can't get Logos to start now, it keeps shutting down before I can get to the home page. I've erased my Logos and have been unable to re-download 6 (or 5 for that matter) as it keeps telling me I need to download Logos 6.4 Beta 1. Is it possible to get a link to a direct download? Blessings
Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2015 9:31 AM

R. H. Bellavance:
Is there a way I can download Logos 6.4 Beta 1 directly to my computer. I can't get Logos to start now, it keeps shutting down before I can get to the home page. I've erased my Logos and have been unable to re-download 6 (or 5 for that matter) as it keeps telling me I need to download Logos 6.4 Beta 1. Is it possible to get a link to a direct download? Blessings

Direct download links are in this thread: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/52967.aspx 

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS