Where did my Logos 4 go?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1
David Jones | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, May 31 2015 9:40 PM

It has been at least two years since I logged in. Now it won't let me log in. I have Logos 4, I click on my Logos icon and it shows the wheel and says it is loading.Then the wheel disappears and nothing. I'm not ready to upgrade. I just want to access Logos 4.

Does anybody know what I can do? 

Dave

Posts 24847
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 31 2015 9:52 PM

You should update to the latest version of Logos 4 - see this wiki article.

Note that you can try the free update to Logos 6 or even Logos 5 if you have the appropriate OS version (it may be the only way to fix the issue).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 128
Pete De Bonte | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2015 7:42 PM

For what it's worth, I still have Logos 4 installed, and it still runs.  When I click on the Logos 4 shortcut, it asks if I want to install an update. I don't want it, because it is Logos 5 and this is my L4 installation.  To avoid that L5 update, I have Tools> Program Settings> Automatically Download Updates = No.

I've found the Logos Log Files [under My Documents, if you're running Windows] to be helpful: (Mac Logs | PC Logs — links from the bottom of one of Alabama's posts),  As there are several log files, the last I used them to diagnose a problem, I deleted them the existing logs before starting the process.  Apparently, it only auto-purges logs that it uses in the particular session (e.g. Logos4.log, but maybe not Logos4IndexerCrash.txt).  Hmm, I guess I could have just looked at the files with the latest timestamps. : }

Curious: why didn't you ask the Logos 4 forum?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS