Read Aloud on Resources

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 19
Timothy Merritt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2016 1:03 AM

I own the Ivona Brian .

I got it to read for me ,however I use Text aloud version.

Please tell me how and where to integrate it..

Quick Reply
Posts 19
Timothy Merritt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 12:54 PM

Robert , thanks you for your work.

I would like to us your download.

please tell me how to integrate it to my ivona on textaloud.

Thanks 

Tim

Posts 19
Timothy Merritt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 12:55 PM

Robert , thanks you for your work.

I would like to us your download.

please tell me how to integrate it to my ivona on textaloud.

Thanks 

Tim

Posts 1138
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2016 6:25 AM

Timothy the file Robert provided is for the ios app voice dream. I don't know how you would use it for other applications.

Posts 1699
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2016 5:15 PM

Hi Timothy:

i took a quick look at the NextUp website and it looks like the 'PLS' files that the TextAloud reader uses is in xml format. I don't know much about xml and one of their staffers replied in one of their forum posts that they didn't have a way to convert Ivona to TextAloud.

All of that is about the TextAloud reader. While I used the Ivona reader to create and edit the lexicon file, I think the voice operates independently from the reader when configured for use with Windows. So, you might try just saving the British file I posted to the place where Windows and/or the voice expect to find it. It might use the lexicon for Logos Read Aloud.

Try this. My lexicon file is found in:  C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\IVONA 2 Voice\ . See if this folder exists on your computer, replacing YourName with your user name. (I assume here you're using Windows; if Mac, someone will have to chime in on where the folder should be.) If it doesn't exist, create it. Get the file "british-english-ivona.lex" from my post near the top of this thread, an put it in the folder. Maybe you should restart Logos and maybe even Windows

If it works, and you don't need it for any of the reader functions, then you're fixed. Let us know what happens.

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 4911
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2016 5:41 PM

John you can also purchase from https://www.ivona.com/

Posts 4911
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2016 6:02 PM

Robert M. Warren:

Robert M. Warren:
You can also customize the vocabulary to expand abbreviated Bible book names.

BTW, here is my custom lexicon file for Ivona voices that expands Bible book abbreviations (and some other common notations, such as "vv", "cf.", etc).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gy93dajqujda36k/british-english-ivona.lex?dl=0 

If anyone needs more info on implementing this, reply back and I'll bore you with the details.

Thanks Robert.  This is gold! Star

Posts 1699
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 8 2019 4:58 AM

Robert M. Warren:
BTW, here is my custom lexicon file for Ivona voices that expands Bible book abbreviations (and some other common notations, such as "vv", "cf.", etc).

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I noticed my Dropbox link has been fat-fingered out of existence. Here's a new one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tj050dku3p9r4ut/british-english-ivona.lex?dl=0 

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS