[resolved] Open floating window from passage guide?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 89
Larry | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 6 2015 4:40 AM

Is there a way to open to a floating window straight from the passage guide? All I can find is a two-step process--to open it and then open in a floating window. 

The ability to go straight to a floating window would be nice, either through a right click or a drop down menu where the remove button is. 

Posts 24511
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 6 2015 5:12 AM

Larry:
Is there a way to open to a floating window straight from the passage guide? All I can find is a two-step process--to open it and then open in a floating window. 

I can't see any direct way to do this from the PG but if you already have a floating window open you can drag resources to it from the PG and dock them there.

So once the floating window is set up you can do it.

Posts 2066
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 6 2015 9:10 AM

Holding Shift while you click the link will open to a floating window, at least on Mac.

EDIT: BTW, this is also true of opening tools/resources from the command box. The only drawback is that you can't hit shift+enter, but need to hold shift while you mouse-click the item.

Posts 5051
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 6 2015 1:27 PM

Reuben Helmuth:
Holding Shift while you click the link will open to a floating window, at least on Mac.

Also Windows.

Posts 89
Larry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 6 2015 6:53 PM

Excellent. Thanks.

Posts 24511
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 7 2015 12:18 AM

Reuben Helmuth:

Thanks - I wasn't aware of that

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 7 2015 4:57 AM

Reuben Helmuth:

Thanks for the useful tip, and I promise to never again insinuate that you are a Winders user Embarrassed

Posts 2066
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 7 2015 6:23 AM

Jack Caviness:
Thanks for the useful tip, and I promise to never again insinuate that you are a Winders user Embarrassed

LOL! No offense taken. 😂

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS