The Cradle, the Cross, and the Crown: An Introduction to the New Testament

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1398
John Kight | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 12 2015 6:47 AM

I think it is about time we see The Cradle, the Cross, and the Crown: An Introduction to the New Testament in Logos, or even Vyrso format. Vyrso already offers the Old Testament counterpart, The World and the Word: An Introduction to the Old Testament, as well as the abridged edition The Lion and the Lamb

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 1262
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2015 7:06 AM

YesYesYesYesYes

Posts 51
Jonathan Ray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2015 4:20 PM

I have the print version, but it would be much more valuable here on LOGOS Yes

Posts 81
Doug Hanna | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2015 5:39 PM

YES!

Posts 360
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2015 6:16 PM

Yes

Posts 1398
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2015 6:29 PM

Yes

Posts 34
Chris Funkhouser | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2015 3:27 AM

Yes

Posts 2
Omar Ferreira | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 6 2016 4:14 AM

I totally agree. There is a version of The Cradle, the Cross and the Crown in Kindle that I might buy, however my preference would really be in Logos.

Posts 176
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 6 2016 5:27 AM

There's a vyrso edition:

Posts 1398
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 11 2016 12:51 PM

Unsure why they selected Vyrso as the outlet for this resource, but excited nonetheless. Yes

Posts 1398
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 11 2016 1:06 PM

John Kight:

Unsure why they selected Vyrso as the outlet for this resource, but excited nonetheless. Yes

Whoa!! The quality on this is horrendous! I understand Vyrso is a largely automated production process when it comes to tagging, but this volume is horrible. Entire paragraphs with zero relevance to a passage of Scripture are tagged as a Scripture passage. Where is the quality control guys? The fact that you decided to publish an 1100+ page academic textbook as a sub-par eBook is one thing, but the quality here is simply unacceptable. Quality control is out the window... IMO, this should be produced in Logos format with proper tagging. Period.

Posts 23645
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 12 2016 3:26 PM

John Kight:
Entire paragraphs with zero relevance to a passage of Scripture are tagged as a Scripture passage.

If you provide a clip with an example, we can probably tell you why.

John Kight:
The fact that you decided to publish an 1100+ page academic textbook as a sub-par eBook is one thing,

The feed from the publisher is automatic. Logos must scan the titles, recognize that it should be a Logos resource rather than Vyrso and pull it.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2095
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 12 2016 6:16 PM

I'm unfamiliar with this resource.  How is this different than other Intro to NT books?

Posts 1682
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2016 8:49 PM

I think is is, but can someone confirm of the Vyrso edition is the Second Edition?

https://vyrso.com/product/129335/the-cradle-the-cross-and-the-crown 

I (like Jonathan) read the first edition in print, and it has been very beneficial. 

Nathan Parker

President/CEO

Mallard Computer, Inc.

Posts 1749
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 5:45 AM

Nathan Parker:

I think is is, but can someone confirm of the Vyrso edition is the Second Edition?

I (like Jonathan) read the first edition in print, and it has been very beneficial. 

It is indeed the second edition, stating in the info pane that, "The second edition features update bibliographies and footnotes, interpretation sections that cover different literary genres in the New Testament, an epilogue that canvasses the entire storyline of Scripture, and a variety of maps.  All of these new features contribute to making this a life-long resource for students of Scripture."

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1262
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 9:20 AM

I experienced the same thing John Kight with "The Bible and Homosexual Practice" by Robert A. J. Gagnon in VYRSO. It was and still is a mess; really ridiculous.

In my case, the fault lies with the "Publisher" ; and FAITHLIFE has requested updated files from the Publisher.

"The Cradle, the Cross, and the Crown: An Introduction to the New Testament" should have been a full-blown LOGOS EDITION from the beginning, just as "The Bible and Homosexual Practice" should have.

Posts 1682
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 2:10 PM

Joseph Turner:

Nathan Parker:

It is indeed the second edition, stating in the info pane that, "The second edition features update bibliographies and footnotes, interpretation sections that cover different literary genres in the New Testament, an epilogue that canvasses the entire storyline of Scripture, and a variety of maps.  All of these new features contribute to making this a life-long resource for students of Scripture."

Great to know. Thanks!

Nathan Parker

President/CEO

Mallard Computer, Inc.

Posts 1682
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 6 2016 2:10 PM

Kenute P. Curry:

I experienced the same thing John Kight with "The Bible and Homosexual Practice" by Robert A. J. Gagnon in VYRSO. It was and still is a mess; really ridiculous.

In my case, the fault lies with the "Publisher" ; and FAITHLIFE has requested updated files from the Publisher.

"The Cradle, the Cross, and the Crown: An Introduction to the New Testament" should have been a full-blown LOGOS EDITION from the beginning, just as "The Bible and Homosexual Practice" should have.

I agree. This should be an official Logos edition, not a mere Vyrso eBook.

Nathan Parker

President/CEO

Mallard Computer, Inc.

Posts 36
Br. Anthony | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 24 2016 6:26 PM

I second the move from Vyrso to Logos.

Posts 3671
Disciple of Christ (doc) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 24 2016 6:34 PM

Nathan Parker:

Kenute P. Curry:

I agree. This should be an official Logos edition, not a mere Vyrso eBook.

Br. Anthony:

I second the move from Vyrso to Logos.

You've got my support for all of these books being moved from Vyrso to Logos.  

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.