[resolved] Visual Filters not working anymore! Is it just me?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 512
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 14 2015 10:58 AM

Hi,

I am running Logos 6.3 SR-2 6.3.0.0074. My Visual Filters all disappear the moment I open a resource (like ESV, LHB, NASB etc.). I have 33 Visual Filters, but when I open a resource like the ESV, my visual filter option appears for a few micro-seconds and then disappear. The only options I have available is Resource, Community Notes and Notes (with all the sub options), but no Visual Filter.

Any help?

Posts 4768
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 14 2015 11:16 AM

I assume the 33 filters were built to apply to the resources you're opening. If that is the case, check the visual filter drop down in the resource pane and make sure the visual filters are checked.

If the Visual Filters that are supposed to that resource are not listed (either checked or grayed out) then it is likely an indexing issue. If the indexer is running then just wait for it to finish. If it not running, that may point to a corrupt index in which case it will have to be rebuilt.

Posts 512
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 14 2015 11:20 AM

Fredc:

I assume the 33 filters were built to apply to the resources you're opening. If that is the case, check the visual filter drop down in the resource pane and make sure the visual filters are checked.

If the Visual Filters that are supposed to that resource are not listed (either checked or grayed out) then it is likely an indexing issue. If the indexer is running then just wait for it to finish. If it not running, that may point to a corrupt index in which case it will have to be rebuilt.

Thanks. I see my indexer is still running. It have been running the last few hours. Will check again after the index finish. A bit of a pain  since I need to use my filters at this moment. O well, thanks for the help

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 14 2015 3:55 PM

Visual filters don't seem to load in the background at startup any more. When I first click on a tab that was hidden when I opened the app, it now takes a few seconds for the visual filters to appear. (I'm running the latest beta.)

Posts 4768
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 15 2015 3:08 AM

Jonathan Pitts:

Visual filters don't seem to load in the background at startup any more. When I first click on a tab that was hidden when I opened the app, it now takes a few seconds for the visual filters to appear. (I'm running the latest beta.)

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're saying. I am fairly certain it has nothing to do with the OP.

Posts 512
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 15 2015 6:19 AM

Fredc:

Jonathan Pitts:

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're saying. I am fairly certain it has nothing to do with the OP.

I am also unsure of Jonathan's situation, so I can't help him. I can, however, confirm what Fredc said: while Logos is indexing, the Visual Filters do not work. Thanks Fred!

Posts 4768
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 15 2015 6:23 AM

Your welcome.Smile

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 15 2015 6:29 AM

Sarel Slabbert:

Fredc:

Jonathan Pitts:

I am also unsure of Jonathan's situation, so I can't help him. I can, however, confirm what Fredc said: while Logos is indexing, the Visual Filters do not work. Thanks Fred!

I don't need help.

I was merely pointing out a recent change in the software which can affect whether or not visual filters appear. Previously visual filters in hidden panels loaded on startup (and perhaps they would, therefore, be available during later indexing), now they are not loaded until the panel is active (and would not be available to be loaded if Logos is indexing at that time).

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS