Installation Issues with Macbook Air

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 44
Pastor Todd | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 28 2010 4:06 PM

I purchased the Scholar's Logos 4.  I've been using Logos for Mac 1.3 and decided I have enough patience and time and computer knowledge to work with the Alpha's.  I used the DVD that came with my order to install logos 4.  Everything went fine.  When I clicked on the logos icon, it had me sign-in and then I had a screen that said "preparing library."  I went to bed and let this prepare overnight.

When I got up this morning, preparing was finished.  I restarted my computer and clicked on logos 4 icon.  The signon window pops up and then the application closes.  I tried this a few times and nothing.

I then found a post on how to submit a log.  I downloaded 8171.nlog.config, renamed it to nlog.config and placed it in my dock.  When i clicked on this file, a window popped up that said "cannot find application to open that file."

So I'm stumped at how to send an error log, and how to proceed?

Can't wait to use Logos 4.

Rev. Todd Schroeder

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 4:19 PM

ToddSchroeder:
So I'm stumped at how to send an error log, and how to proceed?

Todd, take a look at this thread: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/6731.aspx

Posts 44
Pastor Todd | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 4:29 PM

I did.  I watched the video.  Am I missing something?

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 4:34 PM

ToddSchroeder:

I did.  I watched the video.  Am I missing something?

All that file does is to tell L4Mac to create the logging file which is found in: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Logging. Once you put the nlog.config there, the next time the program runs it will create two other files, logos4.log and indexer.log. Those are the files to upload to the forum. If you want to look at them, the easiest way is to use console

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 5:34 PM

ToddSchroeder:
I downloaded 8171.nlog.config, renamed it to nlog.config and placed it in my dock
Don't place this file on your dock. You place the folder on the dock so you have quick access to the files Terry mentioned.  The written directions below the video also state this information.

Blessings

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 44
Pastor Todd | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2010 7:21 AM

Thanks guys.  got the logging to work.  If I only read direction more carefully.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2010 7:49 AM

ToddSchroeder:

Thanks guys.  got the logging to work.  If I only read direction more carefully.

Sometimes, reading is hard ;)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS