Logos 6 will not open after update

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 15
David Anderson | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 29 2015 5:28 PM

I was running Logos 6, which was working fine and an update just downloaded, so I restarted the program.  Now nothing happens.  ( I run this on a Mac - 10.10.3) A dot appears under the icon to indicate it is running and when I click on Logos in the upper left part of the screen all it says is "untitled".   Also, I have to force it to stop running.  No reports are being generated either.  So far I have done the following:

Restarted the program.
Restarted the computer and program

Suggestions? 

Dave

Posts 3
Steve McCoy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2015 5:35 PM

I'm having the exact same problem -- it won't even allow me to shut the computer down - I have to do a forced shut down -- 

Steve

Posts 17
Rick Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2015 5:35 PM

I have the same problem.  Tried removing the icon to trash....didn't work.  Right click on the icon and select quit....didn't work.  It will not open anymore and there is the dot under the icon.  I did not seem to have the problem on my other iMac's, only the Macbook Pro.

Posts 27545
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2015 5:54 PM

If you are running Mac, you will need to:

1. Trash the dock icon
  2. open the application from the applications folder
  3. create a new dock icon

This <should> be a one time deal.

If this solution doesnt work, please create a new thread, explain your issue clearly, and post logs (see my signature line)

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3
Steve McCoy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2015 6:39 PM

This worked!  Thank you SO much!

Posts 329
Steve Farson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2015 7:02 PM

I need some help.  Logos Now 6.4 update was downloaded for my iMac.  I restarted Logos but it doesn't launch.  I see a dot under the docked icon.  I cannot "trash" the icon (per the preceding in this thread). I cannot quit Logos 6.4. I cannot restart or shutdown the Mac (getting the message to quit Logos 6 first).  I tried launching Logos from the applications folder.  Didn't launch.  Logos 6 is hung somehow and I can't launch it, quit it, or shutdown down the Mac, and I'm nervous about pushing the power button.  Tried calling Logos but it is past business hours.  Have had zero problems with Logos for the past two years, with all the upgrades, but Logos Now 6.4 is hung up and I can't shutdown.  Thanks for any help!

Posts 3
Steve McCoy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2015 7:08 PM

I was experiencing the exact same thing -- the steps above worked for me.  You'll have to hold down the power button and force a shutdown on your Mac -- it will be fine.  Wait a minute before you power up your iMac.  When you do power back up, you probably will be given an option to start the programs that were open when you shut down -- click Cancel because you don't want Logos to attempt to open.  If you power on the computer successfully, then delete the icon from the dock (if you've attempted to delete it while Logos was stuck, it won't delete -- but when I powered back up, it was off my dock -- but if it's not, then manually drag it to your desktop to delete it from the Dock).  Start Logos from the Applications folder -- then add Logos back to your Dock from the Finder.  For me, this was successful.  Hope this helps -- 

Posts 27545
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2015 7:11 PM

Steve Farson:
I'm nervous about pushing the power button.

Don't be... but have you tried a "force quit"? When a program on Mac is misbehaving, you can "right click" (aka "control" click) on the application, then press the "option" key to bring up "force quit."

If this doesn't work, please create a new thread.

Posts 329
Steve Farson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2015 8:07 PM

Steve McCoy... Thanks for the power button confidence.  Followed your steps.  All OK and working.  Alabama... Thanks for following as well.

Steve

Posts 17
Rick Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2015 8:21 PM

Steps do not work and I can not remove Logos 6 software or the icon.  No logs created.  No option to force quit.  Ok, I selected Force Quit from the Apple Icon.  It removed it from the bar, I then reopended it where it started indexing.  Must have hung up in the indexing process after I downloaded the update.

Posts 286
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2015 8:26 PM

Rick Ross:

Steps do not work and I can not remove Logos 6 software or the icon.  No logs created.  No option to force quit.

Assuming you're using mac like me, I had to go click on the Apple menu on the top left of the screen, choose Force Quit from there, select Logos, and then it finally let me drag it away after the little dot underneath vanished. There *was* a delay though before it finally quit. 

Not sure if you tried this already or not, but that's how I could do to.

Retina MacBook Pro, 2013, iPad Mini 4

Platinum: Verbum. Gold: Orthodox. Bronze: Lutheran. Starter: Anglican, Baptist, Messianic Jewish, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 53
John R. Gentry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 29 2015 8:42 PM

Awesome, alabama24. This fixed my problem!

Posts 18
Cheryl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2015 9:23 AM

Thank you - this fixed it for me too :)

Posts 2
Bernard Duchesne Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2015 11:22 AM

I want to thank those who responded with a quick answer for this problem.  My Logos had just updated and my MacBookPro immediately crashed, but with no details.  Found this thread and it was the right fix.  Only thing was that when I went to Applications there was no Logos icon there either.  I just did a spotlight search and it opened Logos immediately.  Back to normal now.

Bernard

Posts 15
David Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2015 12:32 PM

Thanks for the help.  Logos 6 is now running.

Dave

Posts 0
Cheryl Schatz | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2015 1:18 PM

See Alabama24 response below that worked for me:

If you are running Mac, you will need to:

1. Trash the dock icon
  2. open the application from the applications folder
  3. create a new dock icon

This <should> be a one time deal.

Posts 27545
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2015 3:05 PM

Cheryl Schatz:
See Alabama24 response below that worked for me:

Glad it worked, and welcome to the forums! Smile

Posts 12
Kurt Fenton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2015 3:18 PM

Let me add my thanks to you, Alabama24! This happened right in the middle of sermon prep...now I have a whole new sermon topic about panic!!  Big Smile

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 5:24 AM

Im having the same problem and I'd tried what has been suggested but it hasn't worked.

Any other suggstions?

Posts 27545
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 6:33 AM

Mark Stevens:
Any other suggstions?

I responded just now in your other thread. 

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS