Bizarre, in a frustrating sort of way

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2831
Doc B | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 30 2015 9:02 PM

So when I open Syntax Search, I see at least one resource/DS I don't own. This is about the only place I know, other than some of the marketing tools embedded in the software, where a resource/DS that you don't own will show. (In this case, I'm talking about Cascadia.)

Here's the bizarre, frustrating part. When I pull up the resource/DS on Logos.com, I see it is a twenty-dollar resource/DS, but there's no way to purchase it.

I even have the glossary!

About the cheapest I can get the clause viz DS is $300 in a bundle/base package; these packed full of resources in which I have absolutely no interest.

Can someone explain the logic behind trying to get me to spend $300 on stuff I don't want to get a $20 item I'd like to have? ('Cause it ain't working.)

Perhaps I'm missing something here. Perhaps this isn't as egregious/bizarre as it looks, and I'm being unfair to FL. Please, someone, show me what I'm missing and make me eat crow.

???

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 26740
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 30 2015 9:32 PM

No more bizarre than books that are only available in collections. What is comparatively new is the breakout of such products onto their own page with prices assigned. Why they are taking this direction I don't know.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8051
LogosEmployee

Doc B:
So when I open Syntax Search, I see at least one resource/DS I don't own. This is about the only place I know, other than some of the marketing tools embedded in the software, where a resource/DS that you don't own will show.

Syntax Search doesn't show unowned resources. Cascadia isn't in the Logos 6 base packages (only Cascadia: SBL is) but if you bought a Logos 4 or 5 base package in the past, you probably acquired it then.

Doc B:
('Cause it ain't working.)

Can you describe what's not working?

Posts 8051
LogosEmployee

MJ. Smith:
What is comparatively new is the breakout of such products onto their own page with prices assigned. Why they are taking this direction I don't know.

Before, there was no way to get more details on the resources and data sets bundled in base packages. Now you can visit an individual product page (e.g., https://www.logos.com/product/27284/cascadia-syntax-graphs-of-the-new-testament-sbl-edition) to find out more about that base package component (to make a more informed purchase decision). 

Posts 10100
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 1 2015 7:05 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Doc B:
So when I open Syntax Search, I see at least one resource/DS I don't own. This is about the only place I know, other than some of the marketing tools embedded in the software, where a resource/DS that you don't own will show.

Syntax Search doesn't show unowned resources. Cascadia isn't in the Logos 6 base packages (only Cascadia: SBL is) but if you bought a Logos 4 or 5 base package in the past, you probably acquired it then.

but then Doc's library search for cascadia (if not restricted to a subset of resources) should include the visualization resource(s) - which are necessary for it to work, I'd think:

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2831
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 1 2015 8:26 AM

When I run the search using OpenText, I get results. When I run it using Cascadia, I get zero.

I can't find Cascadia anywhere in my library. (See screen shot in previous thread...plus this one showing all my clause visualization stuff)-

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Posts 10100
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 1 2015 8:28 AM

Doc B:

When I run the search using OpenText, I get results. When I run it using Cascadia, I get zero.

I can't find Cascadia anywhere in my library.

Did you by chance hide it?

Posts 2831
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 1 2015 8:31 AM

NB.Mick:

That's a good question. By no means did I intentionally hide it, but I'll go digging around and see if it got put there by mistake.

Posts 2831
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 1 2015 8:34 AM

Doc B:

NB.Mick:

That's a good question. By no means did I intentionally hide it, but I'll go digging around and see if it got put there by mistake.

Brilliant, Mick!

Somehow, when I was hiding a bunch of Perseus Latin stuff, I must have included these two items. They are now unhidden, and I'm looking for my fork. Crow is for lunch today.

Posts 10100
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 1 2015 8:37 AM

Glad to hear you got it working again!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS