How do I delete/return free products?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 469
Nick Steffen | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 1 2015 5:37 AM

When trying to install Logos onto a new computer, I distressingly realized that the hard drive is too small to accommodate my entire library. I'm assuming that if I 'hide' products that they would still need to download to the computer. But is there a way to delete or return large groups of products (eg free ones like Perseus) in the meantime? While I don't necessarily need Perseus, I do need my Bibles and some commentaries. Any other suggestions?

Posts 22013
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 1 2015 5:43 AM

Nick Steffen:
I'm assuming that if I 'hide' products that they would still need to download to the computer.

Hidden products should not get downloaded to your new computer

Nick Steffen:
But is there a way to delete or return large groups of products (eg free ones like Perseus) in the meantime?

In the past Customer Services have been able to remove licences to Perseus resources in bulk - I suggest you contact them.

Posts 4632
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 1 2015 5:45 AM

Hiding resources will remove them. However they will be hidden on all of you installations.

Posts 469
Nick Steffen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 1 2015 5:53 AM

Graham Criddle:

Excellent! What is the best way to go about hiding large groups of products? Is calling in the only way?

Posts 10109
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 1 2015 5:54 AM

Nick Steffen:

Graham Criddle:

Excellent! What is the best way to go about hiding large groups of products? Is calling in the only way?

see http://wiki.logos.com/Hiding_Books 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 27780
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 1 2015 6:00 AM

Nick Steffen:

Graham Criddle:

Mick's link provides you with what you need, but for clarification: You can't call FL to "hide" books. You call them to remove licenses from your account. This works well to get rid of perseus, but not much else... NOTE: You can't ask FL to remove a license for a single book which is part of a collection. It is all or nothing, and it is permanent. If you don't want perseus, it is good to remove the license so that you don't have hundreds (or thousands) of "hidden" books in your list (when a phone call could remove them all). 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 469
Nick Steffen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 1 2015 8:31 AM

Thanks for the advice! In my case, hiding would be preferable to removing licenses, so this is very helpful.

Posts 4632
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 1 2015 10:47 AM

Nick Steffen:

Thanks for the advice! In my case, hiding would be preferable to removing licenses, so this is very helpful.

Your welcome. I have most of my Perseus resources hidden.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS