Lexham Press sale, no sale discount with dynamic

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 273
LogosEmployee
Glenn Airoldi (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 1:36 PM

Hi All, thanks for bringing this up.  Yes, we did have a misconfigured discount.  Try it again now. 

Posts 1070
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 1:51 PM

Glenn Airoldi:

Hi All, thanks for bringing this up.  Yes, we did have a misconfigured discount.  Try it again now. 

That's a relief. Thank you--prices are far more attractive.

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 4:31 PM

Thanks and I did not have to wait 3 or 4 days to spend more money.

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 6:52 PM

Glenn Airoldi:

Does dynamic pricing take into account the resources we have purchased in other packages which have not be published yet? Such as the Lexham Methods books.

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 8:14 PM

Maybe it is still a little weird but then some of this may be the end result that is desired. Dynamic pricing all looks good here.

I add it to my cart

It goes up a small bit. I removed it. Wanted to see how things look if I buy a Base Package. Looked real good cause the extra %15 off was showing on the listing page. Frankly I did not expect to see that and I suspect you do not want that but maybe you do. If so it does not work.

I clicked on the Add to Cart button provided and what do I see

The original dynamic price shows up. I will hold off and see if it all get settled.

By the way, with the way it shows up now

which I would buy for that but in the cart it is

Posts 1882
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 9:18 PM

Keith Larson:

Glenn Airoldi:

Does dynamic pricing take into account the resources we have purchased in other packages which have not be published yet? Such as the Lexham Methods books.

It'll take into consideration the ownership of any license included in the target collection, regardless of whether the resource has been finished and shipped or not.

Posts 560
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 11:22 PM

Glenn Airoldi:

What if we already purchased???

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 155
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 1:06 AM

How does one construe "Price of Products You Own" ?

Is that the regular price posted by Faithlife before all forms of discounts, or is that the accumulative price (with all attributable discounts) paid by you for all the relevant products owned over the period of time ?

It would be more relevant to know the "effective" savings by what you have already paid plus what you will be paying against the full regular price.

Posts 13398
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 9:39 AM

Alan:
How does one construe "Price of Products You Own" ?

This illustration might help.

• Imagine a product that bundles ten resources and sells for $250.
  • Five of the resources are valued at $20, three at $40 and one at $100. The total value of the bundle is therefore $340.
  • You already own two of the $20 resources, one of the $40 resources, and the $100 resource. The total value of what you already own is $180.
  • You therefore own 53% of the bundle (180/340).
  • You therefore receive a 53% discount on the bundle price of $250. So you pay $117.65 for the bundle.

When working out your discount, it doesn't matter what you paid for the resources you already owned. You may have even picked them up free. All that matters is what Faithlife value them at. That value is the usual price the product sells for.

It would be impossible for Logos to keep track of what you have already paid for the resources you already own. You might have picked one up on a freebie, bought another a full price, and got one more as part of a base package, and a fourth as part of a 20 volume community pricing deal. Who knows what you actually paid for those four resources?

Posts 155
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 4 2015 8:34 AM

Mark Barnes:

When working out your discount, it doesn't matter what you paid for the resources you already owned. You may have even picked them up free. All that matters is what Faithlife value them at. That value is the usual price the product sells for.

It would be impossible for Logos to keep track of what you have already paid for the resources you already own. You might have picked one up on a freebie, bought another a full price, and got one more as part of a base package, and a fourth as part of a 20 volume community pricing deal. Who knows what you actually paid for those four resources?

Mark, thank you for the very clear explanations.  Yes

Posts 851
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 19 2015 3:50 PM

This has been an extremely valuable thread for me. I wasn't aware of the ? next to Dynamic Price. Opening that up has allowed me to more accurately evaluate sale prices. I was able to determine that Parallel Passages Collection discount was 100% because of owned products, no sale discount at all. Scripture Notes (64 vols) was 100% because of sale discount. I'm going to pick it up. I evaluated 6 Lexham Press Summer Sale products that were advertised as 66%, 83%, 83%, 56%, 78% and 93% off. The actual discount to me because of the sale is 45%, 40%, 30%, 25%, 60%, and 40%. Still a nice sale discount. I'll use it when evaluating additional resources. Dale

Posts 1063
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 19 2015 4:46 PM

Alan:

Mark Barnes:

Mark, thank you for the very clear explanations.  Yes

It's as clear as mud when they don't show you what you already own and what you will get new. I'm not buying any bundles until they provide this feature as it's too much work to figure out every time they have a sale on something and they are continuously making up new bundles.

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS