I like the home page

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1401
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 3 2015 4:06 AM

After becoming accustomed to the Logos 6 home page in six months, I admit that I like it: the format and content.

The images picked randomly from my library by some functionality take me to the right mood for the history and location of the Bible.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 273
Greg F | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 5:41 AM

I must say I do too. I like that they're going through books and selecting interesting passages to populate my homepage. I get to read a little Chesterton, then some Saint Aquinas, then some Plato and Aristotle, etc.

Posts 1690
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 12:28 PM

Thanks! It's nice to hear when one of our ideas worked just the way we hoped! :-)

Posts 412
StephenMcC | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 12:37 PM

I really like it as well.

One thing I would love to be able to have on the homepage (as an 'option' since not everyone will like it) is "this day in history" kind of thing without having to look it up.

Posts 125
Robert | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 1:32 PM

StephenMcC:

I really like it as well.

One thing I would love to be able to have on the homepage (as an 'option' since not everyone will like it) is "this day in history" kind of thing without having to look it up.

Stephen, I was thinking the same thing as I prioritized Calendar Devotionals (per MP's suggestion), when I noticed that I owned:

https://www.logos.com/product/2273/on-this-day

I prioritized this resource within the Library pane, then unselected, refreshed, and reselected 'Calendar Devotionals' from the homepage resources menu ("gear" icon, upper right). I now enjoy daily, on my homepage, an exhortation from Christian history - focused on character, specific date/event, or both. I have been encouraged and edified by this resource; perhaps you will be also.

Grace and peace. <><

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 1:57 PM

um, no surprise...I do not.  I want to move my Devotionals up or find a way to quickly ONLY show them with say one Bible in the mix (without a lot of programming).  

It would be great if each time I opened up to the homepage I got info I wanted there not what Faithlife and Logos decided to put up for me.

Blessings,

Joshua

Posts 125
Robert | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 2:53 PM

JoshInRI:

um, no surprise...I do not.  I want to move my Devotionals up or find a way to quickly ONLY show them with say one Bible in the mix (without a lot of programming).  

Josh, I'm relatively new to Logos, but if you own an L6 Base Package, you have 'Logos 6 Quickstart (28 videos)'. Excellent, and where my original impetus came from re: ordering my homepage devotionals. To prioritize 'Daily Devotional' resources just open Library > Search, enter 'Type:calendar' and your resources will populate. Click the 'Prioritize' icon top right of Library pane, then drag-and-drop desired resources into the Prioritize window. You can drag-and-drop once there also to reassign priority.     

JoshInRI:

It would be great if each time I opened up to the homepage I got info I wanted there not what Faithlife and Logos decided to put up for me.

The Customize Menu is designed for almost exactly this. In MP's words,

CUSTOMIZE MENU

To personalize what’s displayed on the Home Page:

■ Click the Customize (sprocket) icon (A)

■ Check the items in the Sidebar and Content sections you want to appear on your Home Page (B)

Customize Menu

Here you can personalize your Home Page; this has been very useful to me. Note that an option on the Content side is 'Getting Started'. This choice populates the Quickstart video resources I mentioned above to your Homepage. 'Choose Preferred Bible' will open a menu (see below) on your Home Page to assure that your preferred Bible shows there.

Your Preferred Bible is the Bible that looks up Bible cross references throughout your resources, as well as being the first of the Top Bibles to open on the default Home Page Passage Study screen.

To set your Preferred Bible on the Home Page:

■ Select a Bible in the Choose preferred Bible section in the content area (A)

■ Click the More link and make a selection if your desired Bible is not displayed (B)

Choose Preferred Bible

You can then uncheck 'Choose Preferred Bible' in the Customize Menu and your preference will be kept without the checkbox menu appearing on the Home Page.

One more thought: a workaround may be to create/ save a Layout (i.e. 'Quiet Time') with just the resources you wish to see, then choose to have Logos open to that Layout via Home Page > Tools > Utilities > Program Settings.

Grace and peace. <><

Posts 59
Adam Lambert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 4 2015 11:49 AM

Is it possible to add more than 1 devotional? According to the quick start video only the highest prioritized video will be on the home page

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 4 2015 1:59 PM

I like it and am spending more time on the Home Page too. Love Faithlife today, I now watch it every day. This is why I suggested having the OPTION that users could select for a longer/larger Home Page of data to be downloaded :-)

Posts 1339
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 4 2015 4:41 PM

I would like to see the following improvements to the Home Page:

1) Put an "X" on the upper right-hand corner of each article on the home page to mark it as "read" so it doesn't appear again tomorrow I open the home page.

2) Improve the algorithm to really reduce or possibly eliminate the odd white spaces here and there.

Thanks,
Peter

Posts 8895
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 4 2015 4:59 PM

Don Awalt:
Love Faithlife today, I now watch it every day.

So do I.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS