Backup of User Data

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 12
Allister Baken | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 31 2010 12:31 PM

I am a newbie - I understand that my resouirces are syncronised with the Logos server so that they can be restored in teh event of  my PC crashing  etc.  However what about my customisations, notes, filters, reading plan and anything elese i choose to load into My Library which may not come from Logos.

If my PC crashes / ot is stolen i want to be able to reload L4 and My Resources from Logos and tehn restore my customisations notes etc quickly.

What files do I need to backup inorder to acheive this.

Thanks

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 12:42 PM

AllisterBaken:
What files do I need to backup inorder to acheive this.

You have discovered one of the big pluses of Logos 4. No backups of anything required. It is all synced on the Logos server (if you have 'Use Internet' set to 'Yes' in Program Settings (which is the default so you shouldn't have to do anything)). Buy a new computer, load the 4.0 software, go online and everything you had will eventually be downloaded and available to you again, not just resources. Pretty cool, eh?

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 12
Allister Baken | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 1:05 PM

Thanks Mark

Is my data at logos private to the use i.e. password  protected and would it included non-logos resources.

What is the case for backups if you do not wantUse internet set to yes.

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 1:19 PM

As far as I know your data is secure and private. Logos folks might chime in on this. Resources published in Logos format by other publishers (like Nelson or IVP) are kept on the Logos servers. Logos doesn't keep a copy of your resources in a file somewhere, just a list of what you are licensed for. If it needs to it downloads the most recent update of the resource to your computer from their servers.

If you set Use Internet to No then you will have to back-up your files locally, or occasionally when hooked up to the Internet type "Sync Now" in the command bar and hit Enter. It will then do a on-time sync of your data files on the Logos server.

If you want to back-up locally I think you'd want to back-up all of this directory: C:\Users\{User Name}\AppData\Local\Logos4\Documents{random string} (This is the Windows 7 location).

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 2:30 PM

AllisterBaken:
Is my data at logos private to the use i.e. password  protected
Yes it is private.  They do not make your notes available for anyone else to read.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 42
Jason Forbes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 10:16 PM

Ok, fine, that's great. But what happens when you need a note file, and you do not have internet access?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 3:32 AM

JasonForbes:

Ok, fine, that's great. But what happens when you need a note file, and you do not have internet access?

The note files are stored on your machine too. There is no problem for off-line editing of user documents. Once you come back to internet access the program will upload the changes/new documents to the server.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS