Importing L3 notes to L4

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 35
Greg Perry | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 31 2010 3:52 PM

I have been ignoring my L3 Notes file while exploring Logos now since the day i first downloaded Logos 4 back on the first day it went up for purchase.

I sure need my notes in L4!

So this weekend was the weekend to do it.

Nope!

And I truly know a lot about Logos. But I located a link on the site, referenced a few times in this forum, about updating my L3 first with a toolbar command that I DID download, install, and run successfully.

The I went to L4 and typed this in the Command bar as instructed: Import Notes

Nope! It started creating a Passage Guide for the keywords "Import Notes"!

I then typed Update All at the L4 Command bar and saw the Updating... status but nothing later appears.

I keep thinking this works fine for others.

Does the Import Notes Command bar command still work for you? If not, any idea of a replacement that will?

Thanks,

Greg Perry

Posts 9079
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 3:55 PM

Greg,

Since you posted this in the regular (not beta) forum I assume you tried this in a non-beta version of Logos 4. Unfortunately, this feature is in beta testing only. You would have to download and install the latest beta software to be able to do this. Or wait a bit more until this beta goes live and becomes the 'release' version everyone has.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 35
Greg Perry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 4:07 PM

Please forgive me Mark. The LAST thing I want to do is waste others' time and that is what I just did.

Yes, I am using the latest release and not the Beta. That is why I posted here, but given what you wrote, the material I referenced was probably in a Beta forum. Since I get RSS feeds of the forum and rarely come here directly, I did not pay enough attention to the location of the feeds where I got that original info.

Again, forgive me for wasting your time. I fully understand your answer and that is fine. NOT being available yet is a fine answer, not being able to accomplish it if it was available was what worried me.

Greg

Posts 9079
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 6:41 PM

There is no problem with asking. No apology needed. I hope I didn't seem short to you. If so it was not intended. With all that is going on in Logos: PC, PC Beta, MAC, MAC Alpha, IPhone, IPad, and on and on, it is easy to misconnect some things.

The good news is that note importing is coming along. It isn't perfect, but it is pretty good. Importing of Highlighting, Favorites, and Prayer lists is also being tested in the beta.

Many of us would still like to see some other capabilities get developed in Logos 4 notes that we already have in Logos 3 notes, but importing, at least, looks like it isn't far off.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS