NASB Interlinear stuck

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 164
Rick Harrell | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 3 2010 11:00 AM

I tried using the interlinear button in the NASB Amos 1 to see if I could get a faster info update (takes 8 secs to get the info I want hovering over word in NASB. Now the interlinear is stuck on Amos passage - does not update when I scroll through NASB text or go to different passage. Closing the interlinear and reopening does not help.

any help?

Is it true Logos will give refunds? I am ready to go back to 3.0 - faster on both my XP and Vista machines and I could use the 400 + dollars on something else.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 11:03 AM

frederickharrell:

any help?

Is it true Logos will give refunds?

Any help or a refund, which is it?

I will opt for help, you say the interlinear is stuck, have you closed and re-opened it? Have you closed and re-opened Logos? Have you rebooted windows?

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 11:04 AM

frederickharrell:

I tried using the interlinear button in the NASB Amos 1 to see if I could get a faster info update (takes 8 secs to get the info I want hovering over word in NASB. Now the interlinear is stuck on Amos passage - does not update when I scroll through NASB text or go to different passage. Closing the interlinear and reopening does not help.

any help?

If you could post your system spec's and enable diagnostic logging and post a log here, someone can take a look and maybe get you going in the right direction. See below for instructions on enabling diagnostic logging

http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 164
Rick Harrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 11:10 AM

Tried closing and reopening interlinear - same thing - now Logos 4 won't open at all - closing system down next .

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 11:14 AM

frederickharrell:

Tried closing and reopening interlinear - same thing - now Logos 4 won't open at all - closing system down next .

Here is the info on doing the logging in case there is still a problem after you reboot.

http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 11:14 AM

frederickharrell:

any help?

Is it true Logos will give refunds? I am ready to go back to 3.0 - faster on both my XP and Vista machines and I could use the 400 + dollars on something else.

Hello Frederick,

The popup that appears at the bottom of the resource panel should come up immediately when you hover over a word in the NASB. The delay may have to do with your system specs, as already suggested. Are there any other panels open along with the NASB? Is it opened as part of a saved layout?

When you scroll down in the NASB, the interlinear pane does not change until you click on a word in the text. At that point, the word you click on should become highlighted and the interlinear pane will jump to that location with the word highlighted there as well.

If Logos 4 won't open after rebooting, try holding the Ctrl key down when you open the program and keep it held down until the Sign In window appears. Check the 'Use blank layout' box and click Sign In.

Melissa

Posts 164
Rick Harrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 11:42 AM

Thanks Melissa,

Popup at the bottom of the resource pane is almost instantaneous, but not info I particularly want (I had set the hover feature in 3.0 to display TWOT info). Is there a way to modify info shown in the popup? Then I would not need the info pane open. Interlinear is working as you state. Logos 4 finally opened after reboot.

overall speed seems about the same on both my systems.

desktop - XP professional SP 3,  3 Gig ram, 4400 AMD 64 X2 dual core, 250 gig HD

Laptop - Vista home, 4 gig ram, don't have the rest of the specs with me but it is less than a year old toshiba.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 12:03 PM

frederickharrell:
Logos 4 finally opened after reboot.

And the stuck interlinear?

Posts 164
Rick Harrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 12:22 PM

unstuck - Melissa's post showed me the error of my ways - still wondering about a refund though as speed still a big issue for me. thanks Terry.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 12:28 PM

frederickharrell:

unstuck - Melissa's post showed me the error of my ways - still wondering about a refund though as speed still a big issue for me. thanks Terry.

30 days, no questions asked is my understanding and based on my dealings with the company, I believe it. Although you might want to check out some of the speed suggestions on the wiki. Personally I use it on a MBP running windows 7 and fusion and I am quite pleased with it. My wife uses it on a 3 year old Dell running XP and while it isn't near as snappy as my MBP it is quite usable. I have no problem sitting down to her laptop and doing research when I don't want head to my office.

Feel free to start a new thread as well that deals with speed, re-post your specs and a bunch of us busy bodies will come around and tell you what you need to do to fix it. Big Smile That is what the forum is for.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS