Passage Guide questions

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 7
Tyrone Myers | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 3 2010 11:19 PM

Some of Geisler's apologetics works are basically commentaries, such as When Cultists Ask, etc...  Is it possible to force resources such as this into the commentary section of the passage guide?

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 11:45 PM

Tyrone Myers:
Is it possible to force resources such as this into the commentary section of the passage guide?
No.  A resource must be "versified" (that is tagged to match the verses) and this can only be done by Logos.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 10580
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 4 2010 5:27 PM

Tyrone Myers:

Some of Geisler's apologetics works are basically commentaries, such as When Cultists Ask, etc...  Is it possible to force resources such as this into the commentary section of the passage guide?

I put non-versified commentaries, such as this one, into a collection and then add the collection to the PG. It is not as neat as the commentary section, but it does work. You just get every section of the book that mentions a verse in your search range. If you need any help in setting this up, just ask.

Posts 7
Tyrone Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 4 2010 7:40 PM

Hey Joe,

I checked out your blog 'more than cake'.  I read about ten and went ahead and subscribed.  How is it that you find time to post over 1800 times?  Congrats, too, on the church plant.  I am part of a church plant that has been going for about a little over 2 years now.  I didn't help plant it, but in March I will begin an apologetics & evangelism training class.  Anyway, thanks for all of your valuable posts. 

Posts 7
Tyrone Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 4 2010 7:41 PM

Jack Caviness:
If you need any help in setting this up, just ask
I would truly appreciate help to set this up.  I am new to Logos, so I greatly appreciate all the help I can get.  God bless.

Posts 10580
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 5 2010 7:54 AM

Tyrone

There is some good information on the Wiki http://wiki.logos.com/Collections and in the Help Menu on creating collections. In creating a collection of non-versified commentaries, I went through my library and added tags to the resources I knew fitted this description. Then, the syntax for the collection become "mytag:Non Versified" (without the quotes). I really don't know of any other way to create such a collection without dragging each resource. Anytime I find a resource that fits this criteria, I simply add the tag, and L4 automatically adds it to my collection.

In your Passage Guide click the button on the left side that looks like a tablet with a paper clip.

Click it and select "Edit Passage Guide"

If you name this template "My Passage Guide" it will  become the default PG.

tIn the sidebar, click "Collections"

A new section will appear at the bottom of your PG labeled "Collections".

The second line reads "Collection: All Resources"

Click this button for a list of all your collections.

Select your Non-Versified Commentaries

Drag this section where ever you want it to appear when you open this PG

Close the edit window and save the PG. 

If this is not clear, let me know, and I will try to simplify.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS