Pre-Pub Pricing (Baker Books)

Page 14 of 14 (264 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14
This post has 263 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 2328
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 11:42 AM

Bob,

Thanks for the continued comments and explanations.  Logos goes far beyond what I've seen other companies do to explain their costs.  I've never had any questions or complaints.  Even though I cannot buy everything I want, I am just happy to see the resources made available.

Thanks again

Ron

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 4:34 AM

Rosie Perera:

Maybe one little change would help people's perception of the Baker prices: Change the wording of "Pre-Pub Special" to "Pre-Pub Price" when the price of pre-pub is the same as the SRP. Special implies a discount. If there's no discount, it shouldn't be called a Special.

The way it looks now, though it isn't intended to be deceptive, it could come across that way, or at the very least confusing or a typo. My very first post on this thread -- the 2nd post back on page 1 -- was a naive one because I hadn't heard the whole kerfuffle about the Baker pre-pub prices yet.

Thank you for listening and being so responsive, Logos!!! I just noticed this for the first time today, but the change might have been done a while ago:

Posts 2824
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 7:23 AM

Terry and Whyndell,

Please, both of you knock it off.  You both have a right to your political views and this is not the place to air them.

Whyndell, I do not consider your views hate speech, but they are out of place here.  Terry, don't you realize you are just provoking more of this?  I find you pronouncements about hate speech just as much a political statement.  No respect on either side.

Let's stay off the politics.  Sometimes the wise  thing is to just ignore. 

Which I will do from now on.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 7:38 AM

Michael Childs:

Terry and Whyndell,

Please, both of you knock it off.  You both have a right to your political views and this is not the place to air them.

Whyndell, I do not consider your views hate speech, but they are out of place here.  Terry, don't you realize you are just provoking more of this?  I find you pronouncements about hate speech just as much a political statement.  No respect on either side.

Let's stay off the politics.  Sometimes the wise  thing is to just ignore. 

Which I will do from now on.

Perhaps you didn't notice, but those posts were from over a month ago.  They have "knocked it off".  No need to drag up old issues.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Page 14 of 14 (264 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 | RSS