Lexham Bible Dictionary is NOW Complete!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1544
John Kight | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 18 2015 7:08 PM

Five years in the making, over 4.5 million words in more than 7,000 articles by over 700 contributors, the Lexham Bible Dictionary (LBD) is NOW complete

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 5238
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 18 2015 7:44 PM

Congratulations but I hope this complete dictionary will constantly undergo minor changes as warranted the best strength for Lexham products is being non print, new and better information may be added. That said once again job well done, take a breath. This is a wonderful thing you have done.

-Dan

Posts 1544
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 18 2015 7:49 PM

Dan Francis:
That said once again job well done, take a breath. This is a wonderful thing you have done.

Amen! 

Posts 1571
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 18 2015 8:28 PM

YesYesYesYesYes

Posts 966
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 18 2015 10:47 PM

Congratulations! Take the weekend off :D

Does this mean there will be a file update soon? I see the current one is dated June 11.

Posts 8829
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 19 2015 4:32 AM

Tom Reynolds:
Does this mean there will be a file update soon? I see the current one is dated June 11.

This thread is a bit confusing to me as it sounds like the LBD is just completed now. The page link in the original post is from 2014. Don't get me wrong, the LED is a great resource which they continue to improve and I would highly recommend it.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2051
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 19 2015 5:43 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Tom Reynolds:

This thread is a bit confusing to me as it sounds like the LBD is just completed now. The page link in the original post is from 2014. Don't get me wrong, the LED is a great resource which they continue to improve and I would highly recommend it.

I think the link in the OP was confusing. Try

http://www.lexhampress.com/blog/2015/7/15/the-lexham-bible-dictionary-is-now-complete 

Posts 8829
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 19 2015 6:12 AM

Randy W. Sims:

Now that makes more sense to me. Thanks. I had not seen this page before.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 5238
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 19 2015 10:45 AM

Dan Francis:
I hope this complete dictionary will constantly undergo minor changes as warranted the best strength for Lexham products is being non print, new and better information may be added.

Strange to quote myself... but the web page on the completion states "Lexham Press is committed to continually improving Lexham Bible Dictionary. The digital edition will stay up-to-date as scholarship moves forward and new discoveries are made."

So my concern was answered in http://www.lexhampress.com/blog/2015/7/15/the-lexham-bible-dictionary-is-now-complete

-Dan

Posts 1544
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 19 2015 6:23 PM

Randy W. Sims:

Bruce Dunning:

Tom Reynolds:

I think the link in the OP was confusing. Try

http://www.lexhampress.com/blog/2015/7/15/the-lexham-bible-dictionary-is-now-complete 

Thanks Randy. That was the link I intended to post. 

Posts 6477
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 20 2015 2:40 AM

Dan Francis:

Strange to quote myself... but the web page on the completion states "Lexham Press is committed to continually improving Lexham Bible Dictionary. The digital edition will stay up-to-date as scholarship moves forward and new discoveries are made."

So my concern was answered in http://www.lexhampress.com/blog/2015/7/15/the-lexham-bible-dictionary-is-now-complete

How can it be complete, if it will always be improving?

a. Every relevant biblical word is now listed.

b. Every relevant biblical word is now listed, but the articles will continue to improve as more information is discovered.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS